PDA

View Full Version : Noobish question about door speakers

kombat96
04-01-2007, 10:14 PM
im currently compiling my new system, well i am here to ask for information and constructive opinions. my vehicle is a 4door. i searched crutchfield and this is what i came up with.
choice one-- mb quart reference 5-1/4 component set
choice two-- infinity reference 5-1/4 speakers

what are there if any drastic differences in a speaker of comp. set. im leaning towards the speakers that way i wouldnt have to mount the tweet (aka drilling).
both are nearly the same, price and power range.

any enlightenment my forum peeps? :suicide:

DeViOuSoNe
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I would go with components..IMO I seem to be able to notice a difference in Clarity, And A major in the HIGHS...Just get a good Comp set.. Ma Audio Would be one of the best in that price range IMO

THis is jsut my opinion

pickup1
04-01-2007, 10:21 PM
too bad you cant find a local shop the has both to listen to.

kombat96
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
too bad you cant find a local shop the has both to listen to.

i wish, i live in port huron, michigan. a yocal town, maybe if i hit the Dtown. im just drawn to see if there is a difference, just not encouraged by the drilling part and with a speaker that just replaces the original it think it will keep a cleaner look. what do ya'll think

WillyG4444
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Well I think it depends on what you really want from your system. If you want to be surprised at how good it sounds get a comp set and amp em. If you just want a little extra from your speakers go with the coaxials. Are you planning on amping them? Or just running off of the head unit.

kombat96
04-01-2007, 10:33 PM
amping them 4 sure. i'm looking for total sound quality too. should have noted that in the 1st place hughh, good point

WillyG4444
04-01-2007, 10:41 PM
I think if you're going for sound quality you should definitely get some components and do it right =). Give us a price range and we'll point you in the right direction!

kombat96
04-01-2007, 10:42 PM
$150 tops front and back will be the same, run them off a decent 4channel amp

Kai Winters
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I have been a fan of MB Quarts for a few years and have a pair of entry level Discus 116's. They are very nice speakers for the cost and as coaxials.
I have listened to components and they are at a higher level of sound quality but have to be installed correctly or you may not achieve the sq you hope to.
My area does not have MB Quarts at all and of all I listened to I liked the JL XR650-csi components best and am installing a pair tomorrow.
Living in the boondocks is rough for the car audio folk. I was in the Boston area until several years ago and really miss the selections and multitude of shops. Out here some of them are just waiting for you to walk in to fleece you if you are not careful and informed.
Good luck and keep us informed.