PDA

View Full Version : Screw size to mount 10W7?

ASpec818
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I missplaced my screws to mount my w7. I emailed jl audio and they recommended 10/32 screws but I went to home depot and they dont have them. What screw size should I use from home depot? or where can i get a few online? Thanks!

PV Audio
04-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Just go down the screw and nail aisle and find the great fasners screws. Either pick up coarse thread drywall screws, or prime tec coated screws. I've used both, but prefer the latter. Look for a 1.25" length.

helotaxi
04-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Go to a real hardware store and get 10/32 screws and t-nuts. HD ***** for screws and the like. Ace is one of the best that I've found.

Omarvelous
04-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I missplaced my screws to mount my w7. I emailed jl audio and they recommended 10/32 screws but I went to home depot and they dont have them. What screw size should I use from home depot? or where can i get a few online? Thanks!

I bet you they do! lol VERY common screw size.... HIGHLY doubt a HD doesn't have em.

Also check in the draws for them, they have the hex ones there.

ASpec818
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I bet you they do! lol VERY common screw size.... HIGHLY doubt a HD doesn't have em.

Also check in the draws for them, they have the hex ones there.

what are the hex ones? arent wood screws just round at the top?

and what are t-nuts that was mentioned in an earlier post?

so i should just look for a screw that is 10/32" and about 1" long right? my front baffle wall is only 3/4"

Omarvelous
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
what are the hex ones? arent wood screws just round at the top?

and what are t-nuts that was mentioned in an earlier post?

so i should just look for a screw that is 10/32" and about 1" long right? my front baffle wall is only 3/4"

Sorry, lol, some1 mentioned t-nuts, which will make the mount holes last longer, and hold better.

BUT if your just drilling into the wood, then yea, get reg philips/flat head screws will do.

1" should do as well.

It'll really say "#10-32" Something like that, or 10-32. #10 is the size, and 32 is the thread.

http://www.climbingholds.com/images/Hardware/2Nuts.jpg
Thats a T-nut. U would place it back of baffel, tap it in, and use a screw to secure it in place. So when u replace the sub, or remove it, or w/e, u don't dmg the wood from over drilling

helotaxi
04-02-2007, 05:34 PM
You can't put a 10/32 screw into wood without some kind of nut. It's a machine screw and has a very shallow thread. As heavy as a 10W7 is, use t-nuts with 10/32 screws. It will hold infinitely stronger than drywall screws.