PDA

View Full Version : Seas Lotus RW165 vs. Seas G18RNX

Hintzyboy
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
OK, I know that the Lotus mids are probably going to sound better. But is there going to be enough of a difference to justify the Lotus' ~$150 price premium over the G18s?? I can afford the G18s now, but I'd have to wait to get some of my extra stuff sold to buy the Lotus mids.

Thanks,
Aaron

envengineer
03-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Have you e-mailed eng at mobilesq.com to get the real price of the lotus mids?

Also, who has the G18RNX/p in stock? I thought those were long gone. The peerless 830883 is right up there too.

If you can get the G18RNX/p mids you should probably do it. If you don't like them they will sell in about 5 minutes on DIYMA.

Hintzyboy
03-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Have you e-mailed eng at mobilesq.com to get the real price of the lotus mids?

Also, who has the G18RNX/p in stock? I thought those were long gone. The peerless 830883 is right up there too.

If you can get the G18RNX/p mids you should probably do it. If you don't like them they will sell in about 5 minutes on DIYMA.

I did e-mail mobilesq and the difference I gave is with the price they quoted me.

I almost bought a set of the Peerless Exclusives, but a review on DIYMA said that the G18s were easier to work with.

Solen has the G18s. I also went down to Madisound yesterday. They actually had a pair that they had used in a display setup to show off a tweeter. The bastards wouldn't sell'em to me.:pissed:

Hintzyboy
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
So you think i should just get the G18s and not worry about the Lotuses?

envengineer
03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I did e-mail mobilesq and the difference I gave is with the price they quoted me.

I almost bought a set of the Peerless Exclusives, but a review on DIYMA said that the G18s were easier to work with.

Solen has the G18s. I also went down to Madisound yesterday. They actually had a pair that they had used in a display setup to show off a tweeter. The bastards wouldn't sell'em to me.:pissed:

Hmm, well I'd try them both out for less than the price of the lotus and sell the ones you don't keep. That's a bad habit of mine though. I have a ton of drivers just sitting around.

azngotskills
03-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I got G18RNXs and love them but i bet the Lotus out perform them, but not sure if its worth the price :( I always ask myself: "will i notice them while driving and how much of a difference" its always are hard answer for me but the Lotus do look **** **** and the Seas Excel line is also an option....sorry im not much help :p

OT: Hey envengineer (aka Autiophile) when am i getting those mids ;) :)

Hintzyboy
03-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I got G18RNXs and love them but i bet the Lotus out perform them, but not sure if its worth the price :( I always ask myself: "will i notice them while driving and how much of a difference" its always are hard answer for me but the Lotus do look **** **** and the Seas Excel line is also an option....sorry im not much help :p

Not really interested in the Excels. From the reviews I've read, they're a little tricky to work with. I think I'll probably just go with the G18s unless someone chimes in that has experience with both.

azngotskills
03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Not really interested in the Excels. From the reviews I've read, they're a little tricky to work with. I think I'll probably just go with the G18s unless someone chimes in that has experience with both.

Yeah i would have to agree with the ease of use from what I have read bout the Excels. I think the G18RNX are great right out of the box pair with Seas Neos. I personal have the EQ set flat and they sound great

envengineer
03-30-2007, 07:20 PM
OT: Hey envengineer (aka Autiophile) when am i getting those mids ;) :)

I'm actually sending everything (Cal28s, HDS tweeter, Lotus RM110, SEAS w12cy-003, 831882, and MR110) to npdang next week so we can both make more informed decisions. How about right after that?:naughty:

Hintzyboy
03-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah i would have to agree with the ease of use from what I have read bout the Excels. I think the G18RNX are great right out of the box pair with Seas Neos. I personal have the EQ set flat and they sound great

Pairing them up with a set of Rainbow CAL25ALK tweets.

envengineer
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Do it. The Cal25s compare favorably to the neos so you should be set.

azngotskills
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm actually sending everything (Cal28s, HDS tweeter, Lotus RM110, SEAS w12cy-003, 831882, and MR110) to npdang next week so we can both make more informed decisions. How about right after that?:naughty:

Sounds great....i already picked up some old school JBL midranges and Hiquphon OWIs to try out but Im always changing :) Just let me know and im sure i will pick at least one thing up from you ;)

mvw2
03-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Depends which Excel you're refering to. The EX is harder to work with but the NX is a breeze.

The G18RNX is a great performer. It's up to you to justify spending a good chunk more for the Lotus Reference or Excel woofers. I was actually looking at the P18RNX at first, but someone was selling a slighly used pair of Excels for a good price, so I jumped on them. The key is to buy the NX. Then you have no problems playing clear up to 4kHz. The Standard woofers are great in of themselves. $70 a piece ain't bad. Oh, www.solen.ca may have some available. They still list it on their site.

A nice rundown of the major competitors:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9237

Hintzyboy
03-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Depends which Excel you're refering to. The EX is harder to work with but the NX is a breeze.

The G18RNX is a great performer. It's up to you to justify spending a good chunk more for the Lotus Reference or Excel woofers. I was actually looking at the P18RNX at first, but someone was selling a slighly used pair of Excels for a good price, so I jumped on them. The key is to buy the NX. Then you have no problems playing clear up to 4kHz. The Standard woofers are great in of themselves. $70 a piece ain't bad. Oh, www.solen.ca may have some available. They still list it on their site.

A nice rundown of the major competitors:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9237

Well, according to that review, the Lotus mids are a little finnicky. Think I'll go with the G18s

MiniVanMan
03-31-2007, 12:37 AM
I just received a new company vehicle, and with every new one, I generally upgrade my system, or at least swap gear out so I have something new. However, the G18s are staying. I absolutely love them. I would love to have the disposable income to get a couple W18NXs, but it would have to be true disposable income. The G18s are just such a great driver for the money.

Hintzyboy
03-31-2007, 12:39 AM
I just received a new company vehicle, and with every new one, I generally upgrade my system, or at least swap gear out so I have something new. However, the G18s are staying. I absolutely love them. I would love to have the disposable income to get a couple W18NXs, but it would have to be true disposable income. The G18s are just such a great driver for the money.

I had a feeling you liked yours, seeing as you ignored my offer to buy them off you in one of my other threads,lol.