PDA

View Full Version : got the hertz components, installed and reviewed.. pics too

ninjatek
03-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Local shop called on tuesday to say the components I ordered arrived..

This is what i ordered

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hsk163.pdf

pics and review coming soon.. im at work, and i just got busy again... sigh

ninjatek
03-30-2007, 02:40 AM
photobucket pic collection/ (http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/techboyjk/hertz%20install/)

take a look through this folder if you want to see pics of the package and install i did in my car

69420potsmoker
03-30-2007, 03:10 AM
nice, how do they sound? And is that like a night gown being held down by masking tape for deadner?

Buffalohed
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Those are beautiful speakers but your door install makes me cringe :crap:

You should really get some real deadener and seal up the doors correctly.

That component set looks a lot like what I am looking for with the small diameter mid and tweeter. What kind of price range is that set in, if you don't mind?

///M5
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Currently a complete waste of nice components installed like that. Any review in that sort of installation is useless.

ninjatek
03-30-2007, 03:00 PM
care to elaborate? i never said it was perfect, but it sounds pretty **** good imho.

ninjatek
03-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Those are beautiful speakers but your door install makes me cringe :crap:

That component set looks a lot like what I am looking for with the small diameter mid and tweeter. What kind of price range is that set in, if you don't mind?

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/techboyjk/hertz%20install/?action=view&current=DCAO0054.jpg

check out the pic.. if you look in the speaker hole, you see some electrical tape, thats just the factory speaker harness taped to the door so its not loose.. but the door has two layers of dynamat. even the panel behind behind the speaker has two layers. the nasty tape you see if just masking tape that was layered on... the car is 7 years old, and the dynamat was installed 6 years ago. i agree the masking tape needs to go, but I didn't have time to redo it.. almost all of the door panel behind the masking tape is dynamatted.. Dynamat brand too..

based on what you see what else can I do to seal up the doors correctly? (not being sarcastic)

I could put more dynamat on, but i think it would be overkill, you should hear the thud the door makes when i shut it..

Buffalohed
03-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I would start with reading the sticky at the top of this forum. That has all the information you need on deadening. And lots of pics.

Towncar
03-30-2007, 05:12 PM
I would take off that original dynamat, and start put some new deadning on.

WLDock
03-31-2007, 08:21 AM
...your door install makes me cringe :crap:

Currently a complete waste of nice components installed like that. Any review in that sort of installation is useless.

I would take off that original dynamat, and start put some new deadning on.
Come on guys let's get real for a minute. No his Dynamat install won't win any beauty awards but he has two layers in and out. If there are no major resonance issues than who really cares about what it looks like? There is no way to tell what issues there may or may not be by looking at the picture. Maybe asks that question first before drawing conclusions based on the masking tape job?

Maybe it is just me ...but there seems to a lot of rudeness going on in the car audio forum world?

ninjatek,
You paid about $400-$550 for the HSK 163 set right? If you wanted to put multiple layers of butyl based mat, Ensolite, spray dampening, Deflex pads, custom kick panels, etc. to make things sound there best you would right?
O.T.O.H., As long as the doors don't resonant and things sound good to you don't be discouraged.

req
03-31-2007, 08:56 AM
how much did they cost?

sue bee
03-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Maybe it is just me ...but there seems to a lot of rudeness going on in the car audio forum world?

You hit it on the head with that one. :graduate:

90accordman
03-31-2007, 01:06 PM
again , anyone know the price they are going for

ngsm13
03-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Price?

nG

ninjatek
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Price?

nG

under $600, more than $500

they sound great. almost too much midbass from the 6", but not quite. :fro:

WLDock
03-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I must say I am very intrigued by the Hertz products. That Mille line is very **** looking stuff. Would love to hear the line someday.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b225/BodegaBay/AV/hertz8.jpg

Pure *** right there! Also, I just love the high efficiency of the Hi-Energy line. I must check these out.