PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on 2005 L7 setup

nVRuckus
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I have a friend with 4 12" 05 L7s he will be running of 2 KX2500.1 well its a suv setup total space before displacement is 6.77 cubes subs top and port back. How big should the port are be? He wants to compete SPL and still uses it daily so tuning will be about 38hz since he peaks around 45hz in his suv so I figure 7hz below should hit the sweet spot. Im just not sure how big a port I should use since the box will be smaller than I would normally do with so many subs. He wont go down to 2 so thats not even an option, Im just looking to make it as efficient as possible.

nVRuckus
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
wow no one?

PSturmer
03-29-2007, 11:39 PM
do some aeros to save space.

6.77 cubes? those want 3.25 a piece if i am thinking correctly. a suv should have alot more space than that. my explorer as an easy 15 cubes still being below the back seat.

porting is not an option with 4 subs. see if you can do 2 subs

nVRuckus
03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I have a friend with 4 12" 05 L7s he will be running of 2 KX2500.1 well its a suv setup total space before displacement is 6.77 cubes subs top and port back. How big should the port are be? He wants to compete SPL and still uses it daily so tuning will be about 38hz since he peaks around 45hz in his suv so I figure 7hz below should hit the sweet spot. Im just not sure how big a port I should use since the box will be smaller than I would normally do with so many subs. He wont go down to 2 so thats not even an option, Im just looking to make it as efficient as possible.

do some aeros to save space.

6.77 cubes? those want 3.25 a piece if i am thinking correctly. a suv should have alot more space than that. my explorer as an easy 15 cubes still being below the back seat.

porting is not an option with 4 subs. see if you can do 2 subs

reading > U
but thats all the space he can use and stay under the window line to compete.