PDA

View Full Version : Speaker set up and amp choice

what_the
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I am currently looking to upgrade my current system with new speakers and an amp. My car is a Saturn L200 and currently has factory 6.5 components in the front doors, and 5.25 mid-basses with placement for tweeters in the rear doors. I am going to invest in some Rainbow SLC 365 Kick's for the front doors. My question is do I need to bother investing in new speakers like another set of mid-basses or some components for the rear doors. I currently have a Eclipse CD5000 head unit, Hifonics bx 1000.1(?) and a 12" Infinity Kappa sub.

Also what should I do for and amp, 2 or 4 channel. Right now I am looking at Eclispe, Zed (a little out of my price range), and some old school Soundstreams and PPI's.

Thanks for the help.

leonsv
03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I am currently looking to upgrade my current system with new speakers and an amp. My car is a Saturn L200 and currently has factory 6.5 components in the front doors, and 5.25 mid-basses with placement for tweeters in the rear doors. I am going to invest in some Rainbow SLC 365 Kick's for the front doors. My question is do I need to bother investing in new speakers like another set of mid-basses or some components for the rear doors. I currently have a Eclipse CD5000 head unit, Hifonics bx 1000.1(?) and a 12" Infinity Kappa sub.

Also what should I do for and amp, 2 or 4 channel. Right now I am looking at Eclispe, Zed (a little out of my price range), and some old school Soundstreams and PPI's.

Thanks for the help.

for the rainbow 365 (3 way) you will need a 2 channel amp (if you are running passive) or a 6 channel amp (if you are running active).

don't worry about the latter if you are planning to just install it as it comes in the box.

eclipse amps are fine but if you want something cheaper, massive audio amps are worth looking into.