PDA

View Full Version : help with driver placement.

cha0
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I just had a few general questions about mounting a 15 on top of a box. is the port better off on the side or on top with the driver? does it mater where the driver sits in relation to the box(does it have to be perfectly centered?) and while im on the subject of boxes what do you reccamend for running the wire? hole cut with wire run through, wire ran throught the port, or a turnminal cup. this will be for a SPL setup.

i would appreciate you told me the reasoning for the answers so i learn and can make decisions down the road. thanks so much in advance. my knowlege in this stuff is going up from you guys. i have learned a ton from CA:)

jibberjive
03-30-2007, 06:27 AM
First off, what kind of car? Different port/sub placements work better for different cars. For example in some SUVs (like explorers I hear, and of course a CRX) a CRX box (sub upfiring and ports rear firing on the bottom of the rear panel) works great for spl. For my jeep Grand Cherokee, it was loudest with the sub firing to the right with the port rear firing. If it's a car, whole different story.
In general for SPL, you want the sub on the passengers side and the port as far on the driver's side as possible.
For running the wire, you choose. You can cut a small hole and run the wire through, just make sure it's air tight with silicone. You can get a terminal cup. You can make your own terminals with some bolts and nuts (which is what I'm going to do with my next box. It's up to you