PDA

View Full Version : Need Help W/ Porting for kicker 18"

spankumbottom
02-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I have a kicker competition 18". I currently have a 3 cubic foot sealed box. I was wondering what size of ports I would need for it to make it a ported box. I also need to know how to tune the ports. I am a newbie to porting.

paikiah
02-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Paging for Dr. Jmac...

Dr. Jmac, please respond...

DBfan187
02-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Go to the12volt.com to learn how to fine tune your box, Just thought that I would help.:D

spankumbottom
02-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DBfan187
Go to the12volt.com to learn how to fine tune your box, Just thought that I would help.:D

I went to this site and it gave me alot of good info. I couldn't find where it says how to tune ports though. Is it just the length or do you have to anything else to tune it correctly.

paikiah
02-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by spankumbottom
I went to this site and it gave me alot of good info. I couldn't find where it says how to tune ports though. Is it just the length or do you have to anything else to tune it correctly.

go to linearteam.org and download a program called winISD pro...

input all your specs for the box and try various Hz tuning. When you're done, go to the port tab and see how long a port you require to acheive that frequency tuning. Also, make sure you also see the rear chamber air velocity and keep it down to 35m/s