PDA

View Full Version : speakers for 99 camaro

bens0n
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Ive got http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/L...k3=172&pr=2364

a kenwood deck right now with no amp (that I know of)/sub with stock speakers

I have 50wx4 output right now.. and I'm wondering what kind of speakers i should get

does anyone know the speaker sizes for all 3 sets by any chance?

its

6.75 inch speakers in the door

6.5 inch speakers in the sail panel

4 inch speakers in the rear hatch

right?

should I get 3 channel? 4 channel?
or should I get 2 channel?

im going to assume the stock speakers are 2 channel..?

and oh yea, the deck that was originally in my car was a monsoon deck and it had a cd changer, which i took out a while ago when i replaced the head unit.

right now Im thinking about just not touching the 4" speakers in the hatch and just replacing the front 4.

IDK if my HU was wried to the factory amp or not and if my speakers are still connected to it.

is it still going to sound good without an amp if I have that deck and get some new speakers, and.. are the hatch speakers going to sound like doo-doo and interfere with how the rest of my stuff sounds?

Darren5531
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
The hatch speakers may interfere with all the other stuff going on. Most people on here only run front speakers just tuned and imaged properly. If you looking for easy and sound pretty decent just hook up 4 6.5" speakers up to your headunit's amp and call it good. There are a bunch of options out there you just have to see what you want to do and what your budget would be. If your looking for some cheaper 6 1/2" speakers send me a pm I could make you a deal on a pair or two. I have some pioneers and alpine type s speakers.

bdavies11
03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Ive got http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/L...k3=172&pr=2364

a kenwood deck right now with no amp (that I know of)/sub with stock speakers

I have 50wx4 output right now.. and I'm wondering what kind of speakers i should get

does anyone know the speaker sizes for all 3 sets by any chance?

its

6.75 inch speakers in the door

6.5 inch speakers in the sail panel

4 inch speakers in the rear hatch

right?

should I get 3 channel? 4 channel?
or should I get 2 channel?

im going to assume the stock speakers are 2 channel..?

and oh yea, the deck that was originally in my car was a monsoon deck and it had a cd changer, which i took out a while ago when i replaced the head unit.

right now Im thinking about just not touching the 4" speakers in the hatch and just replacing the front 4.

IDK if my HU was wried to the factory amp or not and if my speakers are still connected to it.

is it still going to sound good without an amp if I have that deck and get some new speakers, and.. are the hatch speakers going to sound like doo-doo and interfere with how the rest of my stuff sounds?

If your car originally had the monsoon stereo then you do have an amp. Its in the back right in front of the spare tire on the passengers side. Now i could be wrong but it think the front 4 speakers are powered by the monsoon amp and the 4" speakers in the hatch are powered by the headunit but don't quote me on that. However the monsoon amp doesnt work very well with after market speakers so if u replace them i would highly recommend u look into a new amplifier.

Option 1: If i were you and weren't interested in getting a big ole' 10" or 12" subwoofer then i would get a nice set of components up front and maybe look into some 6.5 tang band or elemental design subwoofers to put in the back seat and forget about those 4" speakers in the hatch. Of course, you would have to get a new amp to power those.

Option 2: If you dont want to get a new amp, then u can look into the infinity 62.7i's for the door speakers. They are 2ohm speakers (the only ones that i know of) and ive heard they work really well off the monsoon amp.

Racerx250
03-24-2007, 11:43 PM
I've got a 99 firebird with the same system. I know that there are 2 different sets of wires in the back and in the front. The wires going to the tweeters are powered by the HU. The wires powering the midbass are the pos monsoon amp. But for a factory system all together not that bad. The sail panel speakers put out nothing but bass notes. For my front speakers i've got some BA s60 comps. Right now i've got an amp in the mail waiting to be wired to them. When i got my car some1 ghetto rigged the sail panel speakers to house a large 6x9. So when i took a look all of the metal had been hammered to very tightley fit a 6x9 and it does work very well I must add. As long as its covered im not complaining. Hope that helped you.