PDA

View Full Version : Crystal sscs6 tweeters dont fit

mysilver02alty
03-22-2007, 09:03 PM
it says they are 1 inch tweeters but the housing that holds the tweeter is too big to fit in my pillars. Is there any way to take these things out of the housing and just mount the tweet? Otherwise im going to have to start hacking up my car and that probably wont be good.

In case im not being completely clear:

Here is a pic of my old 1 inch MB quart tweeters that fit perfect:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q313/mysilver02alty/mb.jpg

Here are the "1 inch" crystal tweeters in the black housing that dont fit:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q313/mysilver02alty/sscs.jpg

kicker06
03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
lolz you used my picture.

mysilver02alty
03-22-2007, 09:08 PM
lolz you used my picture.

im a tieffff

req
03-22-2007, 09:11 PM
pic of it in that spot?

why cant you modify stuff to make them fit?

mysilver02alty
03-22-2007, 09:21 PM
pic of it in that spot?

why cant you modify stuff to make them fit?

ive been thinking about it but im all fresh out of ideas

sue bee
03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
and i used your mother.

rough day for you

mysilver02alty
03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
and i used your mother.

rough day for you

we dont need jokes from retards. go crawl back into your hole

sue bee
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
we dont need jokes from retards. go crawl back into your hole

good one...gaylord. :rolleyes:

kicker06
03-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Gaylordz!

sue bee
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Gaylordz!

Oh I know you ain't talkin to me!!#$!Rvbg2

mysilver02alty
03-23-2007, 03:32 PM

Why don't you go fcuk your mother in the *** and stay out my thread you dcikless fcuk. Cant stand you internet punks who talk **** for no reason. I guarantee you wouldn't say **** if i was in your face little *****.

konechiwa
03-23-2007, 03:42 PM
woah...way to be crazy. It's just a forum dude, they can't hurt you physically...just CHILL.

But maybe you could try and make your own mounts for them? either that or mount them in a different location...

mysilver02alty
03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
woah...way to be crazy. It's just a forum dude, they can't hurt you physically...just CHILL.

But maybe you could try and make your own mounts for them? either that or mount them in a different location...

Yea i was thinking about that but lol. I just decided to scrap it all and buy a new car. Tired of the altima

jiggy2dmax
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
You can take them out of that you know, unscrew the screw on the back and it just pops out.

mysilver02alty
03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
You can take them out of that you know, unscrew the screw on the back and it just pops out.

hmm, thanks i didnt know that. I tried to take the black bracke thing that was screwed on in back but it kind of got stuck so i never fully got to that point.

thx for telling me

sue bee
03-23-2007, 07:15 PM
lol

W8 a minute
03-25-2007, 07:33 AM
hmm, thanks i didnt know that. I tried to take the black bracke thing that was screwed on in back but it kind of got stuck so i never fully got to that point.

thx for telling me

You should delete this thread and save yourself some embarrassment.

mysilver02alty
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
You should delete this thread and save yourself some embarrassment.

or maybe you should go fcuk yourself

Im not interested in having people on a forum think i know it all. My only reason for joining is to learn about car audio and find a good deal on equipment from time to time. Not to make fun of people who know less than i do like yourself. I bet i could teach you a few things that you dont know and i wouldnt make fun of you while doing it.

W8 a minute
03-25-2007, 07:53 PM
or maybe you should go fcuk yourself

Im not interested in having people on a forum think i know it all. My only reason for joining is to learn about car audio and find a good deal on equipment from time to time. Not to make fun of people who know less than i do like yourself. I bet i could teach you a few things that you dont know and i wouldnt make fun of you while doing it.

Touche. I deserved that. It was funny in my head (kinda drunk) but not so funny after re-reading what I typed out.

A) If I ever say I know everything you have the right to kick me in the nutz.
B) We've all had these little problems that seem so obvious when looking back on them.
C) But honestly, you got owned by a screw and I'd give ya crap about it if you were my best friend. Unfortunately the way I typed it out didn't convey the playful joking which was my goal.

My bad.

req
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
pics of said tweeter spot

and cut it out with the ******* post dumping. or this thread will be deleted.

mysilver02alty
03-26-2007, 02:34 AM
Touche. I deserved that. It was funny in my head (kinda drunk) but not so funny after re-reading what I typed out.

A) If I ever say I know everything you have the right to kick me in the nutz.
B) We've all had these little problems that seem so obvious when looking back on them.
C) But honestly, you got owned by a screw and I'd give ya crap about it if you were my best friend. Unfortunately the way I typed it out didn't convey the playful joking which was my goal.

My bad.

Lol, owned by a screw. That is pretty funny now that i think about it :) Actually i can take it off but i think it might get damaged if i dont use the right tool to clamp the screw while trying to twist the metal bracket thing off and in case i ever want to sell it i want to keep it in 100% original condition. Plus i wasnt 100% sure that it was supposed to come off so i didnt want to take it off in case but ive heard its alright to do it after the fact.

About what you said. Sometimes people read things others type and read too much into it. Sorry about what i said as well.

06stxf150
03-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Lol, owned by a screw. That is pretty funny now that i think about it :) Actually i can take it off but i think it might get damaged if i dont use the right tool to clamp the screw while trying to twist the metal bracket thing off and in case i ever want to sell it i want to keep it in 100% original condition. Plus i wasnt 100% sure that it was supposed to come off so i didnt want to take it off in case but ive heard its alright to do it after the fact.

About what you said. Sometimes people read things others type and read too much into it. Sorry about what i said as well.

Ok I think this may help you.Take a look at the back of your tweet.You should see 2 small holes were the leads come out right?Put something very small that will fit in the whole and pop out the tweet.The tweet will come out of the swivel housing so you can change it to different ones.If that doesnt help I will post pics.LMK...

mysilver02alty
03-26-2007, 03:00 AM
Ok I think this may help you.Take a look at the back of your tweet.You should see 2 small holes were the leads come out right?Put something very small that will fit in the whole and pop out the tweet.The tweet will come out of the swivel housing so you can change it to different ones.If that doesnt help I will post pics.LMK...

Oh thats perfect. I'll get on that tomorrow morning. Thx so much for the help on this

06stxf150
03-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Oh thats perfect. I'll get on that tomorrow morning. Thx so much for the help on this

No prob mang!TTYL

mysilver02alty
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Worked like a charm. just popped right out and didnt even damage anything. Wow, i was dissapointed in how the crystal woofers sounded without the tweeters on 100 watts per side. Whole new ball game with the tweeters in. Much better than my old MB Quarts. Cant wait till i get 200 watts on each side, should be amazing.