PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Positioning

korndawg
03-20-2007, 05:23 PM
After removing my door panel last night, it looks like putting my the Rainbow CMX mids in the doors isn't gonna happen (a few factors why). So now it looks like that I will attempt to make some fiberglass kicks. Question is, should I make the kicks just for the mid or for the mid plus the tweeter. Currenty, I my Hex tweets in the stock location (A-pillar) and i am accsutomed to that sound. However, I haven't heard a component set in the kicks. What do u think would be the best placement of SQ?

btlking
03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
kicks

3.5Max6spd
03-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Keep the tweet in the kicks with the mid. It will do wonders for your staging (depth and image focus primarily) , remove localization problems and phasing issues, and remove a great amount of interference from reflections. Dont worry about the tweet being that low, it has excellent off axis /dispersion and should get you adequate stage height at or above dash level.

korndawg
03-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Will I be losing a lot of midbass by using kicks over putting them in the doors? Midbass is what i'm totally missing now and I'm hoping the Rainbow's and kicks would be a cure.

the727kid
03-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Glass your doors :D