PDA

View Full Version : Seas L18RNX

wsdav20
03-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Has anyone tried this in their cars? From what Ive been hearing seas makes good speakers. They are 8 ohms so would I be able two wire them parrallel and get a 4ohm load?

http://www.timbreaudioonline.com/catalog3.html

adam71
03-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Has anyone tried this in their cars? From what Ive been hearing seas makes good speakers. They are 8 ohms so would I be able two wire them parrallel and get a 4ohm load?

http://www.timbreaudioonline.com/catalog3.html

If want them to be in stereo you cannot wire them in parallel. Parallel will give you a mono signal.

Flipx99
03-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Also from my understang the L18 cannot play well at higher frequencies.

loserpunk
03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
like said before NO you cannot combine two sets to get a 4ohm load, unless, you want to use 4 sets total and have 2 per door, which is extremely overkill and not going to sound nearly as good as simply having one set per door, you're kind stuck w/ an 8 ohm load, which shouldn't be that big of a deal, lots of amps will make the power at 8ohms that you need

alphakenny1
03-20-2007, 12:28 PM
yea people are worried too much about diy speakers being 8 ohms but the fact is that there are other factors to consider. most 8 ohm drivers are very efficient and sensitivity ratings are different from 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers. i'm actually running some peerless sls midbasses right now and they kick some sweet *** bass out with only 75 watts a driver.

also i didn't get a chance to listen to the L18's but i did get to listen to the L22 as a dedicated midbass, very snappy, tight midbass. I'd imagine the L18's have similar performance.

mvw2
03-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Um...ditto. Don't worry much about the 8ohm load. Simply match amps accordingly. I run their W18NX Excel woofers in my car. I've run them off as little as 75w @ 4ohms, and they did ok being at less than half rated rms @ 8ohms. You are of course limiting yourself, but the Seas drivers aren't terribly hendered by less than rms wattage. They're not power hungry, yet, more power is always nice. There's just something about effortless power.

Oh, and what the %#(! with your thread copies?! lol :laugh: Browser problems? :D

MiniVanMan
03-22-2007, 04:30 AM
The L18 is a great driver, but a little difficult to work with being an aluminum cone. You really can't use the driver above 2500 hz effectively, and need to have some serious crossover slopes to use that high of a frequency. A 24 db low pass at 2500 is the absolute minimum. 24db at 2000 hz is much better, but finding a tweeter that can extend that low is problematic. Other than that, it's a great sounding driver.