PDA

View Full Version : bought some 3way Hertz components

ninjatek
03-20-2007, 01:28 AM
the previous owner of my car is an audio enthusiast. When he owned my car, he had it dynamatted all over (even under the car), and won several SQ trophies with his setup (which was ppi amps, infinity perfect subs, and oz audio components).. i found the car at a dealer after he stripped it and traded it in.. but it was still prime for an audio install

I started with the 5.25+1 focal polyglass components I had in my old civic.. my new car is the one in my sig btw.. I wasn't happy with my front stage in regards to spl. I decided I;m going to bridge my 4way amp and put all the power up front, and run my 6x9's of my head unit for light rear fill.

So, I was looking for a 3 way, 4 ohm component set to replace my 2 way Focals, a set that could handle the 200x2 rms that my amp can offer. I was looking at CDT's, but I couldn't hear them so I was sketchy on spending $600 or more without experiencing them first.

I ran into my previous car's owner a few months back (posted a thread, read all about it). Anyways, he just bought a set of Hertz Audio components for his new truck, and when I heard them, I was floored. Absolutely beautiful, crisp, transparent, and lifelike. He was only using 6.5 + 1 2 ways at 100rms per side (with a front and back pair), so he had 100x4rms going..

The dealer he used to work for (that he built my car at) is starting his retailer contract with Hertz and was trying to lump in as many orders for his opening order with them. He needed to buy at least $10,000 worth of product.. or something in that area. I told him I was looking for a component set, so he struck me a deal for a good amount under retail plus helpwith installation.. (i have to mod my kick panels)

I can't comment on how they sound because I just ordered them today. He expects them to be here in about 7-10 days. I was looking at 6.5+4+1 sets, but Hertz only offers a 6.5+3+1... I was impressed enough by the 2way that I heard that I decided to take a shot on the 3 ways... I'm going to stick the 6.5 in my doors (factory spot), where there is nothing now, and im going to stick the mid and tweet in my existing kickpanels..

anyways, here is the tech spec sheet on what i ordered..

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hsk163.pdf

ani
03-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Iv heard the Hertz ESK 3 ways, and bro they sing. The way I see it though its great for classical/instrumental sort of music. Great choice man. Very detailed, clear and smooth sounds from these drivers.

Im in the market for some front comps too, unfortunately this is almost double my budget :(

bdawson72
03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
when u get them installed make a review and include pics

AAAAAAA
03-20-2007, 02:48 PM
How Much:?

phenryiv1
03-21-2007, 10:11 AM
I have the ESK 2-way comopnents in my SpecV and I like them a lot. I have only 50 watts going to them, but they are very musical.

6spdcoupe
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Youll be quite pleased with em, although Im sure of why he said he 'needed' to get in a 10k order. This is in no way true. Also in IL hes only about 3 shipping days away.

WulfComp
03-22-2007, 03:01 AM
maybe he was trying to get all the displays they offer, thats why he was trying to get his order so high. I was told for $5k I could get them to come out set up a display and go through "training" about their equipment.

ninjatek
03-22-2007, 03:38 AM
maybe he was trying to get all the displays they offer, thats why he was trying to get his order so high. I was told for $5k I could get them to come out set up a display and go through "training" about their equipment.

I belive it is a similar situation. He said he was working for dealer priveledges, that he had to pass credit checks with them, etc. all so he could get product cheaper, faster, and in bigger quantities. He's been buying their stuff, not as a dealer, just as a customer and putting it customer vehicles.. he wants to be a dealer..