PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" Comps : Hifonics Atlas <or> Infinity6010 ??

ani
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Okay so unfortunately im not in N.America and not spoilt for choice/discounts on speaker brands.

This is what a local soundshop has on special atm :

Infinity Referance 6010cs (approx 180$ US)
Hifonics Atlas AS6.5ci (approx 165$ US)

He is also getting the Hertz ENERGY series in a similar price range.

Iv asked him to try and arrange for me to audition both these sets so that I can decide.

had some experience with infinity before and back in the day they sounded CLEAR and not too harsh with decent SQ. Somehow I feel the will lack in midbass as they rated at about 90rms.

The hifonics are not known to be a speaker brand so Im wondering what the feedback are on these? They rated at about 125rms and im hoping they will actually handle that much power if thrown ar them?

Will be using the Scosche hd7004 4 channel (approx $180 US) to power my front and rears.

note : Prices might be high by USA standards but around here this is what we pay for gear thanks to import duties :crying:

Thanks in advance!

Hintzyboy
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
wait for the Hertz. And drop the crappy Scosche amp.

Okay so unfortunately im not in N.America and not spoilt for choice/discounts on speaker brands.

This is what a local soundshop has on special atm :

Infinity Referance 6010cs (approx 180$ US)
Hifonics Atlas AS6.5ci (approx 165$ US)

He is also getting the Hertz ENERGY series in a similar price range.

Iv asked him to try and arrange for me to audition both these sets so that I can decide.

had some experience with infinity before and back in the day they sounded CLEAR and not too harsh with decent SQ. Somehow I feel the will lack in midbass as they rated at about 90rms.

The hifonics are not known to be a speaker brand so Im wondering what the feedback are on these? They rated at about 125rms and im hoping they will actually handle that much power if thrown ar them?

Will be using the Scosche hd7004 4 channel (approx $180 US) to power my front and rears.

note : Prices might be high by USA standards but around here this is what we pay for gear thanks to import duties :crying:

Thanks in advance!

PsychoTheRapist
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I dont believe there is anything wrong with scosche amps.. I'm pretty sure they come with birthsheets also..

I would audition the speakers before deciding on anything, good luck to ya.

Hintzyboy
03-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I dont believe there is anything wrong with scosche amps.. I'm pretty sure they come with birthsheets also..

I don't know much about their amps, but most of their products that I've had experience with were pretty cheaply made. Most of it was install accessories and walmart wiring, but I'd still rather get a different amp. I'm not sure he's bought the Scosche amp yet anyway.

ani
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM

Yeah the scosche do come with birthsheets these days and they are registered CEA products too.

Regarding the HERTZ with my budget I could probably only get the entry level comps and not their high energy series.

I don't know much about their amps, but most of their products that I've had experience with were pretty cheaply made.

I dont have the amp as yet... I looked at the Scosche for a few reasons mainly :
budget / rated RMS output. The other amps available to me would be basic Pioneer/Sony.
For an extra 80-100$ I might be able to get JBL/Blaupunkt. None of these would put out this much power though.

I know power aint everything but Im not exactly getting top of the line speakers either so this isnt about SQ.

Are there some other budget amps you can recommend? I can try and source em from other stores maybe.

Thanks guys

Hintzyboy
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah the scosche do come with birthsheets these days and they are registered CEA products too.

Regarding the HERTZ with my budget I could probably only get the entry level comps and not their high energy series.

I dont have the amp as yet... I looked at the Scosche for a few reasons mainly :
budget / rated RMS output. The other amps available to me would be basic Pioneer/Sony.
For an extra 80-100$ I might be able to get JBL/Blaupunkt. None of these would put out this much power though.

I know power aint everything but Im not exactly getting top of the line speakers either so this isnt about SQ.

Are there some other budget amps you can recommend? I can try and source em from other stores maybe.

Thanks guys

I got a Memphis ST2004 I'd sell you for $100. I'm perfectly willing to ship internationally as long as you pay for it. As long as you don't place any extra insurance on it, there shouldn't be much for duties. Where are you located anyway?? Otherwise I'd just recommend looking on eBay for decent used amps. A quality used amp would be a better buy than a new budget amp.

ani
03-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Australia man. Shipping/handling would kill. Besides if I buy locally I get the guarantee from seller.

I agree with you regarding buying a good name brand instead of budget amps but my options are limited and buying locally gives me some peace of mind too. Thanks for the offer.

Hintzyboy
03-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Australia man. Shipping/handling would kill. Besides if I buy locally I get the guarantee from seller.

I agree with you regarding buying a good name brand instead of budget amps but my options are limited and buying locally gives me some peace of mind too. Thanks for the offer.

I doubt the price of my amp and shipping would be more than what the Scosche amp costs. I'm not quite sure what the "guarantee from seller" thing means, but there are tons of people on here that have huge lists of references. I'm not trying to push my stuff on you. I just think that if you go with a budget amp just because that's what's available locally, you'll be disappointed. If you won't do international, then I suggest you find a good used amp locally or check out eBay Australia for some better options.

ani
11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Bumping this because I never made a purchase back then. Still not much choice here. I listened to the Infinity, decent sound but overpriced.

The Hifonics sounds ok but its lacking something, I dont know if it was because of the amp they had setup.

Only thing going for the hifonics is the 125rms rating.

Iv got a JBL GTO75.4 that will run the new comps and my existing sub.

tbasile1
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
hertz ftw

ani
11-17-2007, 01:00 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3647654#post3647654