PDA

View Full Version : Kicks vs Doors for Rainbows

korndawg
03-19-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm hoping to be purchasing some Rainbow CMX Kicks for my 02 Grand Am. Since the grand am sux for mounting speakers in the doors, I'm thinking bout either modded qforms or customs kicks for the speakers. How much will i be killing the sound or midbass of the Rainbows if I put them in the kicks rather than the doors? Also, I'm planning on keeping the tweeters in the A-pillars.

SilverSquared
03-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Kicks is good, IMO. But, I say go to crutchfield and get baffles. That makes a pretty big diffrence in sound. They are like 8 bucks a pair. I got a pair for my kicks and rear doors and its very nice.

PremierAudio
03-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I have done both in the car, and unless you are not going to have passengers and the such, then you may want to stick with doors. For some reason the kicks are just a magnet for other peoples feet, and they also have a tendency to block them with their legs so it usually does not sound right. But if your not going to have much people in the car then go for the kicks.

envengineer
03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I had great luck with my Profi set (mid and tweeter in the kicks, midbass in the door). I don't have a lot of passengers other than my wife, and I really only listen to the stereo critically when she isn't in the car. The kickpanels imaged very well and were not that difficult to build. I wouldn't do q-forms though. Make custom kicks and be sure to take time and use pipe strap to hold the baffles in place while you play with aiming (just ball up some towels behind the drivers). This way you can find out what sounds best before you start glassing them into position.