PDA

View Full Version : I got a problem with my radio

cr85tx
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I have an alpine radio and I have static or a breaking/cracking sound but it's just on the radio not on the cd or the ipod just the radio. also i have a pair of focal 165v2s comps with a kicker 350.2 and b4 i had a old alpine 35x4 amp which to me kills the kicker so i figure bridged it did 70x2 a speaker so now i went up to 110 watts a side and i fell they got quieter if any body could help i would really appreciate it please someone help me lol i am getting fed up with this **** if you need any more info plz ask me

cr85tx
03-19-2007, 01:13 PM
bump

JohnnyChuttz
03-19-2007, 01:17 PM
The crackling in the radio sounds like a bad antenna connection at the back of the deck. Are you using an antenna adapter?

The amp sounds like you do not have the gains properly set. 110rms/side should be powering those Focals nicely. How did you set your gains?

cr85tx
03-20-2007, 03:43 AM
finally someone no i don't have an adapter on the antenna this also started after a some what hard thunder storm..... and as for the gains I just have them set by ear how should I set them up ?

Bluecamry
03-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Is your antennae in your windshield? Roof? An actual antennae? The radio is probably the antennae, if it was after a storm if it was a windshielf or roof antennae, there may be some trouble spots now.

Make sure all your filters are set correctly, your HU settings are correct, and your gains as the other person said. Its probably not a lack of power, it sounds to me just like a not correctly tuned setup.

cr85tx
03-20-2007, 01:39 PM
It an antenna on the roof now that I have trouble spots what should I do. i'm also wondering if it could have messed with the head unit.