PDA

View Full Version : tire rubbing fender

hawaiian5
03-18-2007, 05:19 AM
i have a 2003 accord sedan with 19" giovanna wheels that are wrapped in 235/35/19 falken tires. i lowered the front and back down to about 1 and half inch above the tires. the front does not rub the fenders alot, only on dips in the road if im going 60 mph or more. but the back rubs like crazy. on yurns, dips in the road, any little thing and it rubs. i got a **** good adjustable suspension kit that came with struts. is there any way to stop this without having to lift the back of the car?. how good will rolling the fenders be? what does it look like when someone rolls there fenders?. any kind of help will do. is rubbing the fenders common when using this size wheels?

mlstrass
03-18-2007, 05:34 AM
I've rolled the inner fender lip on a few cars to fit big slicks inside. To do it right you need to make a bunch of cuts with a hacksaw or cut off wheel. Then you can pound the inner lip flat with a hammer, being VERY careful not to dent the panel. Or you can use a cut off wheel and just cut it out as it's a LOT easier that way.

Can't tell how much you'll gain since I can't see the car. You should be able to tell by how much the lip protrudes out.

snoopdan
03-18-2007, 05:44 AM
you got adjustable struts, but not air ride ones?

supa_c
03-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Got a bat ?
Stick it between the tire and the fender and spin it front to back it.
Hence the term " rolled fenders"
Or the non ghetto way with pictures !
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=1

hawaiian5
03-18-2007, 05:56 AM
yeah. i got adjustable struts. i like the look of my car the way it is now. i dont wanna raise it because i dont wanna loose that lowered look. will rolling the fenders make it look flared?

smd4life
03-18-2007, 05:58 AM
if you roll them out it will....but that way is pushing the finder in...

hawaiian5
03-18-2007, 06:02 AM
ok kool. thx for the info. i was worrying that rolling the fenders would give a undesireable look. also, is it really common for the tires to rub like this?

supa_c
03-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Your average joe schmoe wont have any idea that you rolled the fenders.
Its not common for tires to rub, but thats what happens when you put rims on your car that are either to wide or to large in diameter.

jdawg
03-18-2007, 11:58 AM
yea make cuts in your lip, like a few inches between each other, if you trust your buddy, use a bat, have your bud just go forward in inches with the bat wedged in there and you controlling it, should roll it right up, be careful!

azbass
03-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Got a bat ?
Stick it between the tire and the fender and spin it front to back it.
Hence the term " rolled fenders"
Or the non ghetto way with pictures !
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=1
this is the gangster way ...

jdawg
03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
this is the gangster way ...

yea dude, dont do that, if you are even asking this question, then you dont have enough knoeledge to do that, you fill **** your quarter panels big time. Beat it with a hammer, or wedge something round in there and try to push it up a little. Only other choice is lift the car, or get wheels with a different offset if possible

Alpine CDA-9815
03-18-2007, 10:47 PM
LOL @ using a baseball bat.

Rent or buy a fender rolling tool if you wish to do it yourself, you will also need a heat gun. I'm not going to go into detail how to do it since I doubt you will do it this way... the right way.

Your best bet is to find a shop that will roll them for you. If you are they are not careful you can crack your paint FYI.

hawaiian5
03-19-2007, 03:57 AM
i just put a pic of my car in my avatar. my pc skills aint that good so i really dont know how else to upload a side view so all of u can see. as soon as i figure this out, ill send a side view of my car

jeeper07
03-19-2007, 04:07 AM
www.photobucket.com is ur friend for hosting pictures

hawaiian5
03-19-2007, 04:12 AM
ok thx.....try and check my gallery.....pics are in there

jeeper07
03-19-2007, 04:19 AM
looks nice. id like the back a lil higher imo anyway, but it looks really nice and clean

supa_c
03-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Its not that the car is to low, its that the rims are to wide.

SilverSquared
03-19-2007, 04:52 AM
I got a broomstick when my truck was static dropped. My front tires constantly pulled my fender lips down. So, I rolled them with a broomstick. Had my gf slowly drive my truck forward and backwards when I was controlling the broomstick.

NOW I got airbags. WOO HOO!!! (also, lips are rolled up front, and cut out back)

hawaiian5
03-20-2007, 12:17 AM
yeah, i new the rims was gonna be a little to big, but i didnt like the way my car would look with 18's....there is another person with the same year car and make, that has 18's and if u ever see one, take a good look. the rims really look to small for the car. so i figured id get 19's....lol....now i gues ill roll the lip and maybe drop it a lil more....thx for all the help guys.....aloha

SWEET06CAMRY
03-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Why just not go with 20"s ?
My Camry also rubs big time but I'm affraid to *** up the panel of the car if I cut it :blackeye:

hawaiian5
03-20-2007, 01:50 AM
i like the lowered look. i thought about 20's, but i dont wanna go that big. i just want that lowered look