PDA

View Full Version : Question about connecting the PXA-H701

Bolognablake
03-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I was going to connect my H701 to my W200 tommorow, but I have a question.

Does the 701 require both a audio and an Ai-Net connection? Will the Ai-NET cable just control the processor, or will it send audio as well? My optical cable hasn't arrived yet, and I was wondering if I can go ahead and connect everything.

req
03-18-2007, 01:45 AM
good question.

i would like to know about that as well for future referance.

whitemax
03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I would think that you need both connections (if you want the processor to do the digital to analog conversion for the DVD/CD player). One for controlling the unit (Ai-Net and), and one for the digital audio connection (optical connection). You can run only the Ai-Net cable, but you may experience some background noise (hiss), this is due to the HU passing the signal in analog form (the processor will then take it and switch it from analog to digital, and then from digital to analog).

The last processor and HU combo I had from Alpine was my CDA-7949 and PXA-H600. This combo required both connections to be made. With this setup, only the CD's sound was passed in the digital domain through the optical cable. Everything else was handled via the Ai-Net connection, the tuner, and the controlling of the processor itself (adjusting the sub volume, and changing the PEQ presets in the processor's memory).

That is a nice combo you have there. I have thought about going that route in the past.....

dalucifer
03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
You need one connection to control the processor (it is similar to Ai net). You then need either opitcal, coax, rca or Ai net to send the audio signal to the controller.