PDA

View Full Version : problem w/ dvd player

Reit38
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
once in awhile the sound will part way go out when im watchin a dvd. the background music will still be goin but the peoples voices get really quiet and u can barely even hear them like there whispering. is there anything i can do like use a disk cleaner or what is the problem with the player?

joetama
03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
How are you connecting the DVD player to the Receiver? And what equipment are you using?

It might not be a problem with the DVD player at all, it could be something with the receiver for example. However, I do seriously doubt that it is a issue with the disks. Also, it might be something with the amplification system which is powering your 'center' channel (that is if you are using a 5.1 system).

Reit38
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
i know its not the disk cuz ive tried different ones and it still happens...... its a jvc 5disk dvd so its a all in one unit similar to the pic below except a 2 year old model

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7686/7686998_sa.jpg

JimJ
03-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Short of "motivating" it with a hammer, there's not a lot you can do...part of the risk in buying "all-in-one" components like that. One part goes, you're hosed, SOL, sans paddle...take your pick.