PDA

View Full Version : A little help

the727kid
03-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Alright I would like to have a decnet HT set up for my room. I have 2 12" Eclipse TIs I would like to put to use here. (Maybe 2 small towers). Also need speakers and soemthing to amplify everything as well. I know nothing about HT so any help/advice is appreciated. I have a Pioneer vsx-d412 I bought a few years ago just to get me by but I doubt that will be sufficient enough. I am also looking to stay on a decent budget.

JimJ
03-17-2007, 04:35 PM
So you're going to be watching movies primarily on this setup?

I'd look at PartsExpress for some speaker ideas...they have a few 5.1 systems that can be assembled for not a lot.

the727kid
03-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Well right now it would probally be primarily used for just listening to music, that is my main goal as of now. But I would like it be easily expandable to 5.1 or higher. I looked at parts express, but I am really lost on what to get.

I figured a 6.5" and a tweet, or possibly a horn, like I said I am really clue less. I also have no clue what to get that would power the subs for a decent price.

I would be building an enclosure for it all too.

JimJ
03-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Did you check out their projects section? I was thinking something like the Lytle Fives would satisfy your wanting to have 5.1...but still sound good for music.

As for powering the subs, you could get a rackmount amp from QSC (the RMX series comes to mind) that would power the Ti's nicely. All you'd need is a crossover (Harrison Labs FMODs would work in a pinch) and you'd be set.

the727kid
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I searched Lytle Fives and it seems I came upon a guideline of some sort.

I went to driver selection and it listed this http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=296-145 , is that what you meant? And for those speakers would a reciever be good enough to power them?

JimJ
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM
That's the raw midbass they used...

A standard five channel receiver would be good enough for now, if/when you get more serious into it you could always upgrade to a processor/power amp combo.