PDA

View Full Version : 01 4dr alero (V6, 3.4L)

Kaltenberg
03-17-2007, 12:20 AM
well i had no choice in what car i got id rather have a 5k civic than a 7k alero but im stuck with it, what can i do that is non noticable to make this car faster? Like if my dad sees something done to it prolly no more car for me cuz he says all i can do is put a system in it so my friend said take out the bottom air filter, itll give a few more horses and make it sound cooler idk if its a good idea cuz air filters filter bad stuff so any ideas?!

lilmaniac2
03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
air filters filter bad stuff

whoda thunk it

bholtmeier
03-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Assuming your dad is a complete idiot, all the power to ya. If not, drop in an aftermarket airfilter, thats about all you could do that wouldn't be noticeable.. yeah and i don't get the air filters bad stuff thing

bholtmeier
03-17-2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/60A1777A0A0.aspx

Kaltenberg
03-17-2007, 04:46 PM
well i dont wanna take my air filter out because it filters bad stuff sry i didnt say that right before haha. i wish my dad was a idiot, he can do almost all of my car maintence so maba i can throw a new air filter in their or something. Thanks.

dumple
03-17-2007, 04:59 PM
or not worrying about being fast im assuming its ur first car and you prolly dont want to wreck it so let try obeying the laws and not driving like a total assclown

bholtmeier
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
well i dont wanna take my air filter out because it filters bad stuff sry i didnt say that right before haha. i wish my dad was a idiot, he can do almost all of my car maintence so maba i can throw a new air filter in their or something. Thanks.

Wtf do you mean? It filters bad stuff?? NO ****!?? thats to keep it from entering the engine? confused...yes.

JohnBlayz142
03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
You drive an OLDSMOBILE ALERO. Just keep it stock for the love of God.

Throw a bangin system in there and people will be impressed. If your car isn't fast, you might as well have a sick stereo in it.

Chevyaudio
03-17-2007, 07:10 PM
You drive an OLDSMOBILE ALERO. Just keep it stock for the love of God.

Throw a bangin system in there and people will be impressed. If your car isn't fast, you might as well have a sick stereo in it.

:iagree:

you drive a grandma car...leave it alone.

lilmaniac2
03-17-2007, 07:15 PM
i wouldnt call it a grandma car... the g/fs 2 door coupe with the six cylinder will run with them v6 mustangs... but after all it is just a 6 cyl mustang

Silver
03-17-2007, 10:54 PM
well i had no choice in what car i got id rather have a 5k civic than a 7k alero but im stuck with it, what can i do that is non noticable to make this car faster? Like if my dad sees something done to it prolly no more car for me cuz he says all i can do is put a system in it so my friend said take out the bottom air filter, itll give a few more horses and make it sound cooler idk if its a good idea cuz air filters filter bad stuff so any ideas?!

he meant the air silencer. i took mine out on my t-bird. no noticable power but i get a decent woosh which is cool. gas milage went up a lil bit too.:D

I did it on my bros mx-5 too.

All the silencer does is restrict air flow into the engine.

If I were you I wouldn't touch that motor. 3.4 screams intake gaskets. So don't **** with it.

Qbenjamin
03-18-2007, 02:14 AM
I agree with the other fellaz. Take it from some1 who has a car that looks fast, but really isn't. All you need to do is a few audio upgrades, and no one will care how slow your going.......Let alone if it's your first vehicle, speeding shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. As a first car, you would be in the statistic group of wrecking it in the first six months of ownership, don't add to that growing number.

tapout
03-18-2007, 02:19 AM
I agree with the other fellaz. Take it from some1 who has a car that looks fast, but really isn't. All you need to do is a few audio upgrades, and no one will care how slow your going.......Let alone if it's your first vehicle, speeding shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. As a first car, you would be in the statistic group of wrecking it in the first six months of ownership, don't add to that growing number.

:word:

Kaltenberg
03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
2 12" 500w rms subs and 2 500w amp and 2 compacitors

blackbonnie
03-19-2007, 10:16 AM
just throw a sick system in there. get it so loud that your dad wishes he wouldnt of said you coulda had a stereo. and you wanna drive slow man, so everyone can see whos drivin it and who's banging the tracks. i say get cash together, and spend it all on audio.

xluben
03-19-2007, 03:02 PM
he meant the air silencer. i took mine out on my t-bird. no noticable power but i get a decent woosh which is cool. gas milage went up a lil bit too.:D

I did it on my bros mx-5 too.

yeah, i'm not sure how it works on your car, but my honda accord has an intake "resonator"

basically a box with pipes winding around indside. works kinda like tuning a subwoofer box, to make the intake noise quieter, but it also restricts airflow (a little).

i pulled mine out and turned it into a make-shift cold air intake:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4275

with that setup it sounds slightly louder (especially at WOT) than stock. during normal driving the sound change is negligible.

it seems to provide a very small performance gain (but an actual intake does very little on my vehicle).

i think it's a worthwhile (free, easy) modification.

since then i've tried a cold air intake, and have now converted it to a short ram intake.

both are way louder than just the resonator removal.

JohnnyChuttz
03-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Swap in a Supercharged 3.8 from a GTP Grand Prix. Not many parts are made for the 3.4, my buddy used to have one and wanted to make it fast. Another friend and I told him we could fab up a 150 shot for it. He always said we could, but he traded it the day before we were going to. Sissy.

Kaltenberg
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
tonight im ordering a 12" 800 rms power acoustik sub, 740rms p.a amp and all.. hopefully sometime next week it will be wired and i can turn some heads

sentra95
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
150 shot of NOS on a stock 3.4L? LOL

sentra95
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
that will blow a V6 in NO time flat... im sure he can add a 75 dry shot with no reprocussions however.

Yeah im curious at what he has to say now. LOL

sentra95
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Swap in a Supercharged 3.8 from a GTP Grand Prix. Not many parts are made for the 3.4, my buddy used to have one and wanted to make it fast. Another friend and I told him we could fab up a 150 shot for it. He always said we could, but he traded it the day before we were going to. Sissy.

It was him ^^^ that said about the 150 shot of NOS for the 3.4, it wasnt me.:)

JohnnyChuttz
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I know a 150 shot would blow the engine, that was the point. Me and my buddy were trying to see how far this guy would go to make his car fast.

My old Daytona did take a good amount of spray for two trips down the 1/8. It was a an un-regulated spray into the intake hose. 100-125 was our guess.

Lunchbocks
03-31-2007, 03:30 PM
2 12" 500w rms subs and 2 500w amp and 2 compacitors

Compacitors huh? F*cking compacitors!?! good lord, a lot of people use caps under false pretenses of function but for f*ck sake learn what the word is.

And you should not be trying to make an Alero fast. Just stop. Do your future children a favor and off yourself now.

95bat
03-31-2007, 04:45 PM
His 3.8 would have handled the 150 shot with the proper fuel system upgrades :)

Kaltenberg
04-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm not cryin, and unearned? Shut the **** up dude you dont know ****, for someone with 19,009 post you would think their not a idiot and make an assumption like that. I worked my ****ing *** off to get any car, i would have settled with a old civic that costed a quarter of what my car cost. And its not like its mine and free, i paid 2k and he has total control over it, he was against me putting a system in it. I dont usualy get mad with peope over the net becasue thats gay but your just a ****in tard.

lookitsjim23
04-09-2007, 01:05 AM
calm down big guy...your on ca.com....****

Kaltenberg
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I no like i said i dont get pissed over the net, but some hot shot says something like that its just retarded. Really makes him look like an idiot.

atoz350
04-09-2007, 07:58 PM
You look like more of an idiot for responding. There is a saying that you never argue with stupid people...they'll drag you down to their level and pummel you with experience.

That being said, if I were you I wouldn't do anything to that car. You said yourself that your dad has total control of it. Either buy him out, or abide by his rules. If you must do anything, build a system first, little by little. Don't do any performance modifications. There isn't anything aftermarket available for that car anyway. Put an alarm on it. He wouldn't mind that I'm sure. Maybe some wheels and some tint. Anything else will severely de-value the car. Drive it and be happy. Save your money to buy what your want for next time.

Kaltenberg
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
yea ive already planned out what im going to do, just a response like that pissed me off

Silver
04-09-2007, 11:29 PM
my ***** is HUGE

Kaltenberg
04-10-2007, 05:08 PM
^^ I love being able to brag about that.