PDA

View Full Version : Help Me choose my rear fill, everything else is bought

krisfnbz
03-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Trying to decide on a rear fill for my system(see bottom)

I have heard alot of good things about the pioneer revs TS-D161R. I could get them for a pretty resonable price($75 used) or I could get a pair of CDT Cl-6x's used for $35.

Go ahead and throw out some other options, I would be powering it off my kicker 4 channel 120rms x4 @ 4ohm so I have all the power I need.:yumyum:

krisfnbz
03-17-2007, 01:08 AM
By the way in the process of posting this thread, I am using the search function. I just thought I would have this posted for any other opinions!

hoss
03-17-2007, 01:14 AM
no rear fill, spend your money on a better front stage and dont even waste your time with rear fill.

its useless, a power robber, and a waste of money. unless, of course, if you drive your car from the back seats. and if youre concerned about your rear passengers, they will be able to hear the speakers up front just fine, believe me.

leonsv
03-17-2007, 01:24 AM
just run the cheapest tang band full range speaker... idk probably 5-6 bucks a pop

krisfnbz
03-17-2007, 03:24 AM
no rear fill, spend your money on a better front stage and dont even waste your time with rear fill.

its useless, a power robber, and a waste of money. unless, of course, if you drive your car from the back seats. and if youre concerned about your rear passengers, they will be able to hear the speakers up front just fine, believe me.

no its not just about having a great frontstage, Im about having all around sound. Me personally I do not like having sound just in front of me, I like having sound all around. I already have a pair of CDT's for the front, so as I said...Looking for a rear fill

MBrock4u
03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Alot of people on here will tell you to dump the rear fill. It just goes with the territory. For me I enjoy rear fill, so I will tell you that I have Alpine type S 6x9's. The do a excellent job for me. Pioneer revs may also be a good choice.

psych0ticnemes1
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
if you want rear fill, something as simple as polk db500s or infinity reference speakers will do... the revs are better that what you'll need, but if you want to spend the extra money go for it

hoss
03-17-2007, 10:44 AM
no its not just about having a great frontstage, Im about having all around sound. Me personally I do not like having sound just in front of me, I like having sound all around. I already have a pair of CDT's for the front, so as I said...Looking for a rear fill

again, a proper front stage can take care of this. you must have never experienced a properly set up front stage, because it can emulate, and elliminate, the rear fill 100%.

i garuntee that if you sat in my car blindfolded, you couldnt point to any of my speakers :) . except the subs, because youre face is inches away from them.

mlstrass
03-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I run the REV's in the rear off a Profile amp and LOVE them. They don't overpower my front stage, but add a LOT of impact/sound when I crank things up. For normal listening I just use the fronts as I have the rear amp wired off a toggle switch.

If you want rear fill then get it, it's your car.
To he!! with the "no rear fill" Nazi's LOL

krisfnbz
03-17-2007, 02:59 PM
again, a proper front stage can take care of this. you must have never experienced a properly set up front stage, because it can emulate, and elliminate, the rear fill 100%.

i garuntee that if you sat in my car blindfolded, you couldnt point to any of my speakers :) . except the subs, because youre face is inches away from them.

Your probably right, Their is such a way to eliminate the rear fill by just getting a great great front. I think the revs would be too much for what I need.

krisfnbz
03-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I can get a pair of CDT Cl6x's used for $35, fit for what I need with the front CDt comps?