PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start Install Help

hoaxci5
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I just finished installing a remote start in my Sport Trac, I had to use a 1100F bypass.

It doesn't try to crank at all, is there any way to test the bypass? It blinks green 3 times like the manual says its supposed to, but it doesn't try to start the truck. All the accessories come on and the parking lights flash like they are supposed to.

Any ideas?

azbass
03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
is there a wire on the bypass that needs like a neg- pulse to "activate" it?

are you sure power is getting to the starter wire? etc.

hoaxci5
03-16-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm 99.9% sure the starter wire is correct and "should" be getting power.

there is only 5 wires used on the bypass.. 12v, ground, tx, rx, and ground when on (which is hooked to the blue wire on the remote start) which is what the directed tech told me.

mokedaddy
03-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Check power at the brain to make sure the starter wire is connected correctly. And if it is, you should be able to look at the led and see how many times it blinks, thus telling you if there is a trigger that is tripped or why the r/s is shutting down. Check the install manual for specifics.

mendon99
03-17-2007, 07:17 PM
make sure your 12v wire is hooked up to a constant line, not an ignition or something. also, make sure you dont have tx and rx backwards..

hoaxci5
03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
TX and RX are not backward or else bypass would have a red led.

All power wires are hooked correctly.

The only thing that has become an issue is that there is a note on the wiring diagram saying my truck is supposed to have 2 brown accessory wires and I can only find one.

Anyone have any input on that one? It's an 02 Explorer Sport Trac.

blue93corsica
03-19-2007, 04:48 PM
try putting your key in the ignition, leaving it off, then try to remote start the vehicle, if it works then you know its something in your bypass as you used your actual key in the ignition as a temporary bypass module

mendon99
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
the 2nd accessory wire on that car isn't required to be powered in order to remote start, so thats not the problem.

jmoreno150
03-19-2007, 05:34 PM
keep key in the cylinder and remote start it. if that works u might need a copy of the key to put into the bypass. certain car dont need it some do. althought i neva tried that bypass anyways. idk. goodluck

mendon99
03-19-2007, 07:43 PM
you don't absolutley have to lose a key for that car...

hoaxci5
03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I put the key in the open position and the theft light went off, hit the start button on the remote and it fired up.

So I guess the bypass isn't working correctly even though the LED is doing what it is supposed too..

Next steps/ideas?

azbass
03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
make sure the bypass is getting a ground from the alarm, before start.

you may have to see if there is some programing for this wire, to trigger it at the right time, etc.

you may even need to use another wire, that pulses before start.

also check the tx rx. make sure not switched.

gl0ck
03-20-2007, 01:01 AM
what blue wire are you using the one coming off of the satalite relay right? not the door/ trunk trigger or something like that.

Also, i refuse to use the X series bypass due to the problems i have seen and read about they would be a godsend if they worked all the time.