PDA

View Full Version : Help chosing new 6.5" components

nbd
03-16-2007, 12:59 AM
as the tile says im looking to upgrade my front components. The size is 6.5". I curently have 2 way components but would always consider moving to three.

Size 6.5"
Price range 200-400
Musical Prefrences Hardcore screamo and emo mainly but some rap. So good high's and midbass is very inportant.
Amp sold my old amp to a friend so i would be buying an new amp to accomidate the speakers specificly.

Thanks for everyones help. I know speakers are very varieded depending on the person but some input on your favorites would be nice.

I have heard some of the rainbow stuff is nice.

Iv been browsing around for acouple months and finaly decided to post.

ENDER_XVICM
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Check out Rainbows Soundline SLCs. The SLC-365 kicks will give you the midbass you are looking for. Not sure on the tweeters tho.

shovelhd
03-16-2007, 12:31 PM
There's a set of 3-way Profi's in the classifieds here, sounds just like what you're looking for.

BTW WTF is screamo and emo? :eek: Examples?

plazma
03-16-2007, 02:12 PM
There's a set of 3-way Profi's in the classifieds here, sounds just like what you're looking for.

BTW WTF is screamo and emo? :eek: Examples?

just really ****** music with no merit to it.... kinda like a louder american idol

for depressed teen age kids who have it good and dont know what else to complain about....

krisfnbz
03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
CDT M6, Crystal SSCS6, MB Quart QSD 216

nbd
03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
screamo is kinda a step under hardcore in a sense of screaming. Screamo has some screams but still singing. Example Escape the fate or Underoath

Emo is much softer changes depending on the song but basicly i can go from normal rock to acoustic rock. Its just a different name. Ranges from same amber pacific to The spill canvas.

And the guy acuople above me you obviosly have no idea what your talking about. Im sure half the people on this forum dont like the type of music you listen to but dont go around bashing it. Every type of music brings something special to the table. And is the reason there are diofferent types.

Live4SkimLC
03-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Why cant we all just enjoy all music... I listen to everything from Job for a Cowboy to the Devil Wears Prada to Three 6 Mafia.

Anywho, that was offtopic: spend the extra 50 bucks and get some rainbow germaniums :-D

nbd
03-16-2007, 11:09 PM
how do the germaniums compair to the other speakers listerd above. And what makes them better there mid bass highs etc.

Hoodlum007
03-16-2007, 11:13 PM
http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=5091

FTW!!