PDA

View Full Version : tweeter ?ss

DirtyP
03-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I took out the factory speakers in my car and replaced them with kenwoods..

The factory speakers had a seperate tweeter and the wire that went to them had 4 pins and was squarish.. The Kenwoods had a 2 pin rectangle connector, I popped of the kens and put the factory one on, so I didnt have to splice any wires.

When I played them, I didnt notice much sound from the tweeters. Im not sure why, they could just be old and dead?

I want the kens to play the highs and it sounds like they are but isnt that what the seperate tweeter is supposed to do?

Are my speakers still at 4oms or is some being diverted to the tweets?

DirtyP
03-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Should I pull those tweets out? Put in new ones?

mvw2
03-16-2007, 01:40 AM
You might want to see how everything's wired. You might want to see why there's 4 wires going to one tweeter. The manufacture might be playing some funny games with ohm ratings and using something in series or parallel.

If you have a multimeter, you can check the ohm rating of the stock speakers.

DirtyP
03-16-2007, 04:57 AM
2 of the wires were going to the tweeter and two to the speaker. Sorry for the confusion..

I used there connector cuz I didnt want to hook all 4 wires up to the speaker.

this is it right here... All I can find.. I put the speaker in and left the tweeter.. This guy has some nerve selling a ac delco speaker.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speaker-Buick-LeSabre1998-left-door_W0QQitemZ170013129676QQcmdZViewItem