PDA

View Full Version : New Type-X comps. When?

youngfu
03-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Anybody knows when the alpine type-x components will be released?
I'm very interested in these comps because the units look just like F-1 status.
I hope these will be available soon.

leonsv
03-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Anybody knows when the alpine type-x components will be released?
I'm very interested in these comps because the units look just like F-1 status.
I hope these will be available soon.

looks can be deceiving;)

the f1 speakers are based on scanspeak revealator speakers that go for $400 a pair. The only similarity that i can see between the type x and the f1 is the streak on the cone.... other than that.... If you really want the performance of the f1 speakers, just buy some scanspeak's and call it a day... i doubt it'll be that much more expensive to do a component system with scanspeaks and some nice tweeters compared to the new type x speakers when they come out.

DejaWiz
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Dealer around here said May, but probably June. $599 retail price (which means their cost will be about $100 or less lol).

Chevyaudio
03-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Only deal with going out and buying revelators outright...The scanspeaks didn't seem to hold up to well in the car enviroment.

The F1 Status was tweaked on by scanspeak and Alpine, that way it would be more resistant to the enviroment such as being mounted in a door, where moisture can get.

T3mpest
03-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Only deal with going out and buying revelators outright...The scanspeaks didn't seem to hold up to well in the car enviroment.

The F1 Status was tweaked on by scanspeak and Alpine, that way it would be more resistant to the enviroment such as being mounted in a door, where moisture can get.

you can always treat the cones yourself, still cheaper than paying alpines markup.