PDA

View Full Version : New truck speaker help!

mikystyle
03-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I have a 2001 silverado ext cab. I have a alpine iva-d100 head unit and a JL audio stealth box with a 12w3V2. Im running stock speakers and want to upgrade. I have been looking at the 6.5" Ifinity KAPPAs for the fronts and the 4x6 infinity KAPPAs for the rear. Ive heard that these are pretty good speakers but shouldnt be run without an amp for they are a waste of money otherwise. My headunit has a built in amp which i believe is 4channel, 18watt RMS/ 50wat max. Would these be good for my truck and my setup or suould i be looking at something else cheaper? Any suggestions would be appreciated for i am not to knowledgable in the speaker department. Thanks

the727kid
03-14-2007, 12:15 AM
The Reference line would be best off HU power.

mikystyle
03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, im not looking to go crazy here. I just want a simple bolt in upgrade over stock. Just something to complement my sub. Any other brands with models equivelent to the reference line or suitable for my application that anyone would recomend. Im looking for a good quality speaker that will be an upgrade over stock.

Darren5531
03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I have some 6.5" alpines and pioneers for sale that would be a good upgrade over stock and be cheaper too. Send me a pm and we can probably work something out if you don't mind buying used.

mikystyle
03-14-2007, 01:09 PM
I have some 6.5" alpines and pioneers for sale that would be a good upgrade over stock and be cheaper too. Send me a pm and we can probably work something out if you don't mind buying used.
I'm lookin to get something new. Thanks though. Any suggestions on something similar to the Infinity refs?