PDA

View Full Version : already blew my rears

andar
03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
So I was driving around today with all the windows down and the sunroof open and apparently my rear speakers couldnt handle the power put out by the stock amp. They sound blown, they are hitting on the lower bass notes, but on higher, like the highs in Late night tip, they are extremely distorted....

Anyone have any suggestions on a good budget pair of rears that would work well off the stock amp. The stock's weren't bad at all, I want them to be able to produce good bass.

car is a
2002 Jetta GLS

Darren5531
03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I have some 6.5"s that I could sell you for pretty cheap. Pm me if your interested.

dgoodhue
03-14-2007, 09:25 AM
The stock's weren't bad at all, I want them to be able to produce good bass.

It sound like your trying get too much bass out of a set of stock speakers. You need to turn it down when you hear distortion and lay off the factory bass control. IMO Get a sub, disconnect the rear speakers and set your radio bass control back to normal rather jacked up to attempt to get bass from a set of speakers that weren't intend to.

krisfnbz
03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Infinity Kappas

azula
03-14-2007, 10:49 AM
^+1

Decipha
03-14-2007, 10:56 AM
lol factory bass FTL... even the cars that come factory with subs still sound like as$ GM finally did something right with them factory bostons... but thats about where it ends

andar
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
i know that factory isn't that good but they were decent

and the thing is i didn't hear any distortion

will kappa's run well of the stock amp?
anyone know what that amp puts out? im guessing not very much