PDA

View Full Version : Speakers won't play at ALL

TacoSauce
03-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I have 4 speakers in my car, currently all running off my headunit. They worked fine for a good while.

But today, I played this bass track that I have on this Bass Mekanik cd (I play this track a lot, it's not like it was the first time i've played it) and it got pretty loud or whatever, and the speakers worked. So then I turned it down when it was done. Then I switch to another song, I turn it up, and all I can hear is the bass coming from my sub. No speaker sound at ALL. I tryed messing around with the Headunit, I looked to see if any wires disconnected from the headunit or anything, and I found nothing. They just straight up don't make any sound at all. What the hell happened?

4runnercrazy
03-11-2007, 04:02 PM
fuses?

always the last thing u check but i could b a fuse

TacoSauce
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah my friend at work told me he would look at the fuses tomorrow when I go to work. Im just trying to see if anyone here knows like the exact problem for it, so we know what to look for. I cant believe this just happened, I JUST got my sub back like 5 days ago, didnt have it in there for like 6 months. Depressing stuff.

05fronty
03-11-2007, 04:14 PM
if not a fuse make sure one of your speakers isn't shorting out

TacoSauce
03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Would that cause all of them to not play?

05fronty
03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Would that cause all of them to not play?

i have seen some radio's cut out all of sound from a terminal from a speaker hitting metal from the opening on a door

05fronty
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM
also how many speakers do you have running off of your hu?

TacoSauce
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
4 Speakers. HU is 50x4.

So get this.. for a while, the speakers did not work at all. Didn't make a sound. So I go to the movies to watch 300, and when I come back out and turn my car on, the speakers worked.

So I drove out of the parking lot, and hit a speed bump, and then the sound started going in and out, and then finally went all the way out. And then they didn't work the rest of the night.

So this morning, I get in the car again, and they work again. But as soon as I hit just the slightest bump, it goes out. Then I noticed my windows were all wet and **** so I put the passenger window down and up real quick, and as soon as it went up, the speakers went back on. So I tryed it again when they turned off, and it worked again. It works every single time, rofl.

The speakers cut out when I take left turns, hit the slightest bumps on the road, when a loud bassline drops, and sometimes when I hit the brake.

Think it's a loose wire or something? Cuz the bass track I mentioned up above, REALLLLLY vibrates my car.

konechiwa
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
sounds like a terminal or metal part of a wire touching the chassis to me..the reason it goes on and off is because it bounces from touching to not touching.

I had the same thing happening with me with my old components, the tweeter would go on and off because the wire was touching the metal of the car.

but if it turns on and off, it definately IS NOT a fuse, since the connection would be gone if the fuse blew, and it wouldn't work until you put a new one in, no matter how many speed bumps you went over.

btw, correct me if i'm wrong, i'm no expert.

Prowler573
03-12-2007, 04:54 PM
It definitely isn't a fuse due to the fact that the HU operates at all whether or not there is output to the speakers notwithstanding...

TacoSauce
03-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I figured it out. It's a terminal touching the metal frame of the car.

Was pretty funny to move the window and have it work though, it was cracking me up lol.