PDA

View Full Version : Sony xplod 4-ways?

freewayrandy
03-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I just bought a pair of these and wondering if anyone has heard any pros/cons on them. They are...XS-R6941, 50 watt, 240 peak. I posted another thread on my current dilema. Thanks.

zSnb
03-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Wow dude. Not to be an a$$ but Sony speakers are crap. If you haven't opened them yet, then take them back. You really wont see much improvement over stock with those.

freewayrandy
03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks, zSnb, no, you're not being an a$$, you're being totally honest and after hearing on my other thread in Gen. Disc., I am taking them back. Got help?

konechiwa
03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Might i suggest these:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=267-290

they are a very good speaker that is highly recommend for budget applications. Wont get too many nays for the revs.

Octavio
03-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I suggest Infinity if you want SQ

Dozy_production
03-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I suggest Infinity if you want SQ

and bleeding ears.

ngsm13
03-12-2007, 12:13 AM
They ****.

Balls.

nG

Max_Power
03-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I like the polk db series for good value, but its hard to go wrong with thoes pioneer rev's..........uber ****.

freewayrandy
03-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks Guys, I'll do some digging on these suggestions.

Octavio
03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
and bleeding ears.

Pionner?

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
So why exactly did you buy these speakers and then ask if they are any good? :eyebrow:

Lil Poot
03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
they **** almost as badly as platestacker's eminence :fyi:

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 01:57 PM
they **** almost as badly as platestacker's eminence :fyi:
Says the guy with some weak *** component speakers! Don't make me drown you out from 1/4 mile away. :laugh:

Lil Poot
03-12-2007, 02:00 PM
rofl obviously you dont know a thing about alumapro, glamour boy

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 02:01 PM
rofl obviously you dont know a thing about alumapro
Haha, that is sig worthy!

Lil Poot
03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
explain to me why my 400 dollar set of properly installed components in sealed off doors is garbage? they're on par with the rainbow germaniums, moron.

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 02:07 PM
explain to me why my 400 dollar set of properly installed components in sealed off doors is garbage? they're on par with the rainbow germaniums, moron.

Dude, I never said your setup is garbage. How much they cost means next to nothing! I'm sure they sound great and loud enough for you. I personally would think they are weak and wimpy. And I will still drown you out before you even seen me, and sounding just as good to 99% of people. Now stop dumping on this guy's thread.

Lil Poot
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
you really need to go find an eminence forum where people dont know any better.

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
you really need to go find an eminence forum where people dont know any better.

And you need to find a forum so you can dog on other people's setups and think yours is better than theirs. Your the one that called me out on my speaker setup out of the blue. I said nothing about them or anything about your speakers. Your the one dumpin on this guys thread talking about my setup, which is totally off topic. So squash it already and stop starting ****!

Lil Poot
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
just like clownin on clowns, what can i say.

konechiwa
03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Says the guy with some weak *** component speakers! Don't make me drown you out from 1/4 mile away. :laugh:

Dude, I never said your setup is garbage. How much they cost means next to nothing! I'm sure they sound great and loud enough for you. I personally would think they are weak and wimpy. And I will still drown you out before you even seen me, and sounding just as good to 99% of people. Now stop dumping on this guy's thread.

explain how 'weak *** component speakers' means your not calling his setup 'garbage'. Unless weak-*** is new slang i don't know....

but just to say...99% of people don't spend hundreds, if not thousands on aftermarket car stereo systems...ala why this thread has been created.

Like i said before, pioneer revs ftw.

freewayrandy
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
So why exactly did you buy these speakers and then ask if they are any good? :eyebrow:

Thanks for asking. Because I'm a car audio moron and only going by what I've heard with my ****-poor ears. My brother has a Sony xplod HU, 6X9's and CD player in his '34 Ford Roadster and it sounds awesome, so, thought....WTF....
I'll get xplod speakers too. Took them back today. Others here are suggesting Pioneer REV's.

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for asking. Because I'm a car audio moron and only going by what I've heard with my ****-poor ears. My brother has a Sony xplod HU, 6X9's and CD player in his '34 Ford Roadster and it sounds awesome, so, thought....WTF....
I'll get xplod speakers too. Took them back today. Others here are suggesting Pioneer REV's.

REVS are pretty tight, says the word on the street. If I were you, I would order whatever you decided to choose online. You will have to wait a extra couple days, but get a set of speakers that would cost hundreds for 1/4 of what they sell in stores. If the stores even care such good speakers. Do some searchin around here for a while and take your time before you go grabin another pair. There a ton out there and for the most part, this forum will help ya out a ton. Good luck.

freewayrandy
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
REVS are pretty tight, says the word on the street. If I were you, I would order whatever you decided to choose online. You will have to wait a extra couple days, but get a set of speakers that would cost hundreds for 1/4 of what they sell in stores. If the stores even care such good speakers. Do some searchin around here for a while and take your time before you go grabin another pair. There a ton out there and for the most part, this forum will help ya out a ton. Good luck.

Thanks, Plate, here we go again....what do you mean by tight???

Platestacker45
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks, Plate, here we go again....what do you mean by tight???

Tight as in... a good choice. Great bang for your money. Probely some of the best speakers they sell at your local Circuit City or Bestbuy. But like I said, they will be way cheaper online. But continue to search around these forums, especially in the speaker section. And do a search for whatever size speakers your looking for.

freewayrandy
03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks again, Tom. I'm not looking to boom the neighborhood, just want to hear some sounds over my stroker motor comin' out of 40 Series Flowmasters at freeway speeds. Was hopin' to be able to run 4 speakers on the head unit alone and just amp a sub. Don't know if I'm askin' too much or not.

By the way....cute lil' blue-eye!