PDA

View Full Version : dayton

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 07:14 PM
has anyone heard about or listened to any dayton speakers, i havent been able to find anyone that has them in a store so i can listen to them but they are really cheap online ( like 7'' for 35 each ) but one person told me they sound really good ( even better than their rainbow slc's ). so if anyone has had experience with dayton speakers could you please let me know what you think about them. i tried searching and didnt really come up with much. thanks

Slammed
03-10-2007, 07:17 PM
great speakers for the money

pretty detailed and responsive...they also hit the lows well

awesome bang for the buck!

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Great speakers.

You're probably speaking of the RS7"?

Detailed, accurate, lack a little midbass.

Great speaker all around.

www.partsexpress.com

nG

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Great speakers.

You're probably speaking of the RS7"?

Detailed, accurate, lack a little midbass.

Great speaker all around.

www.partsexpress.com

nG

yea i think those are the speakers i was looking at and that was the same website. are those the best dayton speakers to get and does anyone elese have input on the daytons?

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Buddy has a pair of Reference 7's in each door of his BlazerXtreme. Says they sound really good and have good midbass. They get pretty loud too. But he's taking them out and putting his Eminence's back in because they are waaay louder.

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Buddy has a pair of Reference 7's in each door of his BlazerXtreme. Says they sound really good and have good midbass. They get pretty loud too. But he's taking them out and putting his Eminence's back in because they are waaay louder.

yeah i just read up on the eminences and read a lot about how loud they get...i think im going more for sound quality right now becuase they will most likely be loud enough for me...a lot of you guys on here have extremely loud systems so your not loud is really loud for me. can anyone compare these to a more mainstream set of speakers ( like alpine, jl, polk, infinty etc ) so i can maybe see how they sound. i dont know if that really makes sense though

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 09:31 PM
If properly setup and powered... and paired with a decent tweeter...

They can sound as good or better than a lot of entry-mid level component sets.

nG

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 09:38 PM

nG

x2

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 09:51 PM
and what would be considered entry-mid level components...one guy i know that has them said they sounded better than his rainbow slc's

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
and what would be considered entry-mid level components...one guy i know that has them said they sounded better than his rainbow slc's

Dude, just bag you a couple. So there so cheap, you can sell them if you don't like them.

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Dude, just bag you a couple. So there so cheap, you can sell them if you don't like them.

i guess thats true..im only 17 i dont have a lot of income but i may just do so

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 11:04 PM
What tweeter will you be pairing them with?

What active or passive xover will you be using?

How about an amplifier?

nG

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 11:09 PM
i honestly have no idea..i was just talking with someone that is a mod on a nissan forum and he said he just installed these in his car and they sounded better than anything hes had including the rainbows...i dont think my headunit can do the active thing ( i dont know if thats true or not )...im not sure if should get these or not i was kind of hoping for something that would sound better than type-r's, ive heard those in BB and wanst to impressed with the SQ.

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM
i honestly have no idea..i was just talking with someone that is a mod on a nissan forum and he said he just installed these in his car and they sounded better than anything hes had including the rainbows...i dont think my headunit can do the active thing ( i dont know if thats true or not )...im not sure if should get these or not i was kind of hoping for something that would sound better than type-r's, ive heard those in BB and wanst to impressed with the SQ.

Hands down better than TypeR components.

BUT.

You will need.

-Dayton 7" mids
-Tweeter capable of matching well with them
-And active or passive xover, to xover the mids/tweet
(You current HU doesn't do this...)
-If active, you will need 4channels of amplification for the front stage.
-If passive, you will need a custom passive xover for best results.

Just making sure you know what you're getting into.

nG

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 11:17 PM
thanks..now heres another comparison question: would they sound better than type-x's? also what cross overs and amp would you suggest and should i go active or passive

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
thanks..now heres another comparison question: would they sound better than type-x's? also what cross overs and amp would you suggest and should i go active or passive

i'd recommend you go active. get a new headunit the offers 3-way xover and you have much more flexability over your system.

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 11:23 PM
i'd recommend you go active. get a new headunit the offers 3-way xover and you have much more flexability over your system.

**** this car audio takes so much money..lol..so now id have to sell my h/u take a loss on that and buy a more expensive one and then buy the mids, tweeters, cross overs, and a amp, i think im going to spend to much money

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 11:25 PM
**** this car audio takes so much money..lol..so now id have to sell my h/u take a loss on that and buy a more expensive one and then buy the mids, tweeters, cross overs, and a amp, i think im going to spend to much money

then you are probably better off getting a set of components now. getting a passive xover made for your mids and tweeters maybe costly, but idk for sure, so you maybe better off with components

Dynasty
03-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Is this the speaker? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-364

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-374

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-335

uncfanforlife07
03-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Is this the speaker? http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-364

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-374

or

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-335

the first one i believe, i dont remeber exactly but i think its the first one

ngsm13
03-11-2007, 03:02 AM
It's the second one. The non-sheilded 4ohm version.

The HU you buy would have the processing you need, so the xover would be taken care of.

You need:
-HU with Active Processing
-Mids
-Tweets
-4 channels of amplification

nG

MiniVanMan
03-11-2007, 03:16 AM
The first link is the 8 ohm version, the second link is the 4 ohm. The 4 ohm doesn't have the shield, so that's the one you want to use.

The Dayton RS series is some of the best bang for the buck speakers out there. However, with the low cost comes some compromises. They have some pretty bad cone breakup. The RS180 (7") breakup starts at about 3 khz. That's pretty low, and takes some considerable crossover work to deal with. So, the driver is really only useable to about 2 khz, with at minimum 18 db slope. Also, finding a compact dome tweeter that can handle 2 khz isn't easy. The Seas Neo will do it, and is inexpensive at about $30.00 a tweeter, but you're pretty much limited to that. Not that it's bad. That setup will knock your socks off, especially for the price. You just don't have any choice, unless you go much more expensive, or use a larger format tweeter.

All that being said, having a properly designed 18 or 24db passive crossover built for you won't be cheap. Going active won't be cheap either. Getting a boxed component set is easiest, but the results won't be as good.

You don't need a new head unit to do active. You do however need an external active crossover, and an extra 2 channels of amplification. The extra channels don't need to be high power, as it's usually just used for the tweeter, and they don't need much power. 50 x 2 is plenty for a tweeter.

Here's an example of a decent outboard active crossover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USED-Coustic-XM-5e-Mobile-Electronic-Crossover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38642QQitemZ2 00087051061QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I actually own one of those, and it works very well.

If you're looking for more information on active tuning, and DIY speakers in general (especially the RS180), check out www.diymobileaudio.com

hardhitta47
03-11-2007, 03:39 AM
The first link is the 8 ohm version, the second link is the 4 ohm. The 4 ohm doesn't have the shield, so that's the one you want to use.

The Dayton RS series is some of the best bang for the buck speakers out there. However, with the low cost comes some compromises. They have some pretty bad cone breakup. The RS180 (7") breakup starts at about 3 khz. That's pretty low, and takes some considerable crossover work to deal with. So, the driver is really only useable to about 2 khz, with at minimum 18 db slope. Also, finding a compact dome tweeter that can handle 2 khz isn't easy. The Seas Neo will do it, and is inexpensive at about $30.00 a tweeter, but you're pretty much limited to that. Not that it's bad. That setup will knock your socks off, especially for the price. You just don't have any choice, unless you go much more expensive, or use a larger format tweeter.

All that being said, having a properly designed 18 or 24db passive crossover built for you won't be cheap. Going active won't be cheap either. Getting a boxed component set is easiest, but the results won't be as good.

You don't need a new head unit to do active. You do however need an external active crossover, and an extra 2 channels of amplification. The extra channels don't need to be high power, as it's usually just used for the tweeter, and they don't need much power. 50 x 2 is plenty for a tweeter.

Here's an example of a decent outboard active crossover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USED-Coustic-XM-5e-Mobile-Electronic-Crossover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38642QQitemZ2 00087051061QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I actually own one of those, and it works very well.

If you're looking for more information on active tuning, and DIY speakers in general (especially the RS180), check out www.diymobileaudio.com (http://www.diymobileaudio.com)

I shouldn't need to, but I can personally say that MiniVanMan really knows his **** when it comes to front stage. I've heard his system before, and the sq was very impressive considering staging in that type of vehicle.

He's one of the og's on diyma.com. Gary, if you would like me to leave feedback for our past transaction, LMK. I just hadn't seen you one here since then, so I left it for you on diyma.

MiniVanMan
03-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I shouldn't need to, but I can personally say that MiniVanMan really knows his **** when it comes to front stage. I've heard his system before, and the sq was very impressive considering staging in that type of vehicle.

He's one of the og's on diyma.com. Gary, if you would like me to leave feedback for our past transaction, LMK. I just hadn't seen you one here since then, so I left it for you on diyma.

Thanks Jordan! Saying that, I can tell you that my front stage has zero EQ applied, and the crossover is the same model I posted in the ebay link above.

Going active can be inexpensive.

iceteebone
03-11-2007, 11:25 AM
you can get a good set of components fairly cheap, especially if you are willing to buy in the classifieds.

Platestacker45
03-11-2007, 11:40 AM

So you don't even know which model they are or nothing about them? You might just wanna chill with a decent set of 6.5's and swap your stocks for now. You think a pair of Daytons and a crossover is expensive?!?! You got a looong road ahead of ya brother!

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
wiw thanks everyone for your imput, that us a lot of information. i think i would like to try and go the way of not buying a componenet set but keeping my current head unit for now. so if i do this then i will need a crossover similar to the one in the ebay listing ( do i need one or two, and how about rainbow cross overs i know someone selling some ), the dayton mids ( i guess thats the second link ), tweeters, and a 4 channel amp. is this right? how much in total do you guys think this will cost to get a pretty good sounding set up? once again thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it, im trying to learn this stuff, slowly

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
So you don't even know which model they are or nothing about them? You might just wanna chill with a decent set of 6.5's and swap your stocks for now. You think a pair of Daytons and a crossover is expensive?!?! You got a looong road ahead of ya brother!

i was just talking with a friend on another forum who got them and he sent me the link but i didnt have it in front of me so i was trying to remeber which one they were so i wasnt sure. yeah i overspent when i did my sub and amp but i am recovering from that.

leonsv
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
as already mentioned before, the seas neo tweet match very well with the dayton. If you are on a tight budget, get a decent amp with a good internal crossover, this will most likely be less expensive than say a new headunit or an external active crossover. Also designing a good passive crossover takes skill and effort. I really would not reccomend it for a begginer diyer.\

good luck

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
i know someone that is selling some rainbow cross overs but i wanted to know if they will work, he said the model number is :
art. nr. 161116/161225
will these work for doing the active thing with my headunit

heres a website with them on it
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=11&art=231577

leonsv
03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
i know someone that is selling some rainbow cross overs but i wanted to know if they will work, he said the model number is :
art. nr. 161116/161225
will these work for doing the active thing with my headunit

heres a website with them on it
http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=11&art=231577

what do you mean? you either run active or passive, not both. the rainbow crossover is a passive crossover whereas the hu active crossover is built into the headunit. Also, it is usually a bad idea to just get a random passive crossover for a diy set.

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
ok so lets say i keep my current h/u, buy 2 dayton mids, 2 of the tweeters you suggested, what crossovers should i get and what amp ( or what kind of out put should i be looking for when looking at amps )

Hundreth
03-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Repost.

Hundreth
03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
I have pretty much the same setup you are looking to get: Dayton RS180s, Seas Neo Alums. I don't have a HU with active crossovers so I settled on this Kicker SX700.4 amp which has all the processing I need as well as ample power. You might wanna look into that instead of getting an entirely new headunit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SX700-4-CAR-AUDIO-4CH-SPEAKER-SX-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ140094687508QQcategoryZ79823QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The only downside is that the amp is refurbished, but those guys are authorized Kicker dealers and most likely the amp will have problems within the first 3 months, so your covered by the warranty. Its been working out fine for me.

MiniVanMan
03-11-2007, 02:24 PM
What equipment do you currently have?? If you already have some amps, let us know what they are. What head unit are you going to be using as well?

Take a look at the link at the bottom of my signature. It's a basic rundown of crossovers and what they do. It might help you understand a little more the difference between active and passive.

Remember active processing requires separate amplification for each speaker. Passive crossovers allow for 2 speakers to be ran on 1 channel of amplification. Before making a determination on what is best, please read the link.

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 02:36 PM
everything i have is in my sig, my headunit is a alpine cda-9852 and i only have one amp which for the sub

ngsm13
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I have pretty much the same setup you are looking to get: Dayton RS180s, Seas Neo Alums. I don't have a HU with active crossovers so I settled on this Kicker SX700.4 amp which has all the processing I need as well as ample power. You might wanna look into that instead of getting an entirely new headunit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SX700-4-CAR-AUDIO-4CH-SPEAKER-SX-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ140094687508QQcategoryZ79823QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The only downside is that the amp is refurbished, but those guys are authorized Kicker dealers and most likely the amp will have problems within the first 3 months, so your covered by the warranty. Its been working out fine for me.

I'd recommend the Kicker SX amplifiers as well.

They work quite well and as stated have all the processing you'd need built in!

:)

nG

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
so with that amp would i need cross overs or no? are there other amps that are maybe a little bit cheaper that would do the same, i also dont mind buying i nthe classifieds from somebody with good refs

iceteebone
03-11-2007, 04:23 PM
so with that amp would i need cross overs or no? are there other amps that are maybe a little bit cheaper that would do the same, i also dont mind buying i nthe classifieds from somebody with good refs

yes it does. not gonna get cheaper then that with built in processing. you could buy a cheaper amp, but then you'd need to buy the xover. that kicker is a great amp. not a bad price either

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 04:50 PM
would i be cheaper to just go with a set of components ( i dont really know what that means ) but were u guy a set and it comes with a speaker, cross over and a tweeter. and would i still need to run those off an amp

ngsm13
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
would i be cheaper to just go with a set of components ( i dont really know what that means ) but were u guy a set and it comes with a speaker, cross over and a tweeter. and would i still need to run those off an amp

Yes, in all honesty... I would recommend them first!

Then after you learn even more... think about active!

nG

uncfanforlife07
03-11-2007, 06:53 PM
so what component sets would you recommend, id prefer to not have to buy an amp and run off my head unit but id like to keep cost lets say under $200 right now, there is a guy that lives in my city that sells CDT which have seem to have gotten popular but then other people say premier or rainbow are better. and then what about polk, MB, alpine, JL, etc etc. Im looking for good sound quality, prob wanting to have soft dome tweeters. i dont mind buying used.

ngsm13
03-11-2007, 07:08 PM
You'll NEED an amplifier if you want them to sound any good.

:fyi:

nG

95bat
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I had those Daytons and took them out. My Rainbows SLC 165 Kicks are WAAAAAY better than the Daytons.

Either my Daytons were F'ed up from the start, or whoever said they sound better than SLCs is retarded.

nismos14
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
95bat, what did the rest of your system consist of when you installed the daytons? What amp/xover etc did you use with them? And what tweeter?

ngsm13
03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I had those Daytons and took them out. My Rainbows SLC 165 Kicks are WAAAAAY better than the Daytons.

Either my Daytons were F'ed up from the start, or whoever said they sound better than SLCs is retarded.

How were yours installed?

IB...?

nG

Hundreth
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM

How high do the SLC Kicks play? just wondering...

nismos14
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
SLC kick xover point is 3800hz

Hundreth
03-12-2007, 12:23 AM
SLC kick xover point is 3800hz

Wow thats pretty high for a driver known for its midbass...

MiniVanMan
03-12-2007, 12:54 AM

That's personal opinion. Nobody is retarded for having an opinion. Like my previous post, the Daytons need some work to sound right. But when done right, they sound amazing. Most people that have problems with them, have implemented them wrong.

nismos14
03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
That's personal opinion. Nobody is retarded for having an opinion. Like my previous post, the Daytons need some work to sound right. But when done right, they sound amazing. Most people that have problems with them, have implemented them wrong.

I agree with this sentiment. His words came off a bit harsh, and I personally can compare these to the SLC's as I've run both, and having the proper setup on the daytons, they are much more musical and crisp compared to the slc mids. I am VERY happy with my switch over and would do it all over again if I had the choice.

I also tried the aluminum cone 7's from dayton that are in that link. They were very very nice in hitting the low low notes. I could cross them at 31.5 hz and they would shake the **** outta my seat lol.

BLD 25
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I am sure some "cool" person that is on here 24/7 will say repost, but i think this has some valuable information. Both Dayton 7's did really well in this test.

http://www.zaphaudio.com/6.5test/

uncfanforlife07
03-12-2007, 11:19 AM
ok, i think it would be better if i didnt try to do an active set up for now, im thinking i may just needed to buy a good set of compnents, so what component set should i get. i know there are so many different brands out there and each person prefers something else. I dont want the tweeters to be real harsh, so i guess i need to look for some with soft dome tweeters. price is prob going to need to be under $200. also i have a small power acoustik amp in my 300zx, i think it may be broken or maybe i blew the fuse but do you think its worth trying to get it working to run the componets off of. i think its a 2 channel amp, but i dont know the specs on it or the model number right now, i can check when i get home. I tend to ramble on these things but i pretty much have 2 questions: what is a good soild 6.5'' component set with NON harsh tweeters that can be had for under 200 and should i pursue trying to fix my amp or is power acoustik to crapy to run speakers off of? thanks for any help

nismos14
03-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Rainbow slc's, and no don't use the power acoustick on them please :(

uncfanforlife07
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
how much are they, where can i get them, and what amp should i use, like whats a good brand thats somewhat cheap

nismos14
03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
6spdcoupe $230, a good 100 rms each side, or up to 150 rms. I have an amp available for a good price you may want to consider.

Symon_say
05-17-2007, 01:45 PM
the poster of this threat have just take the components option, so i can jack this threat :p, joking.

I have been reading about this woofers a bit and i like then, i have already had comps and coax, but right now i want to go active, but i want to be pretty loud.

Are this mids loud, and what about some horns insteead of tweeters to complement the setup (proper installed of course), cause they xover is a little low, and the horns go lower than a tweet.

The system i want to install is 8 RS180, 2 in each door and 2 horns under the dash, and 4 mids in the back with two more horns, i will put a carpc soon son i'll have 4.1 capability. Or is better to stay with tweets??

Twistid
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
can i get a model number on the "seas neo tweeters" please... i think im gonna have to go with those instead of my vifa logic's

http://www.madisound.com/seas.html

///M5
05-20-2007, 12:23 PM

Sure they are louder but they sound like chit as well.

jrouter76
05-20-2007, 01:32 PM

nGseas neo the metal one you can get them from either Solen.ca or madisound.com reral cheap and some of the best tweets I haver heard smooth as butter and those Daytons rs-180s are very detailed but do lack some midbass but sound so **** good.

X Ray
11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I just ordered four Datyon RS180's. One for each door. I think I'll pick up four aluminum neo SEAS tweets to go with them. Maybe the cloth ones. Haven't decided yet.

My question is, out of all of you who praise the Dayton RS180 + "random tweeter" that you prefer, why don't I see these in your signature's? It appears that people buy them, and then aren't happy with them. I see a TON of them for sale in the classifieds.

What's the deal guys?

nismos14
11-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I loved mine, they sounded great, but needed some eq'ing around the 1800hz range. Deep strong midbass, and good midrange, you really don't wanna x'em higher than 2000hz.

joetama
11-15-2007, 09:42 AM

nG

Like an Aura Amplifier and MaxFi Tweeters... ;)

Because I know that setup kicks *** in my car!

I like my Dayton RS 180-4 Series Speaker better in my car then I did my Image Dynamics CX62... :fyi:

bass_lover1
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I just ordered four Datyon RS180's. One for each door. I think I'll pick up four aluminum neo SEAS tweets to go with them. Maybe the cloth ones. Haven't decided yet.

My question is, out of all of you who praise the Dayton RS180 + "random tweeter" that you prefer, why don't I see these in your signature's? It appears that people buy them, and then aren't happy with them. I see a TON of them for sale in the classifieds.

What's the deal guys?

The only downfall is that have noticeable break ups above 2khz and it's hard to find a compact tweeter to play down that low, now if you could fit the RS28 tweets (Daytons btw) then it wouldn't be a problem, because IIRC those can play down to 1500hz or so, problem solved. But the thing is, the RS28 is a huge tweeter, thus why it's not widely used.

Dayton makes GREAT budget drivers, but I couldn't fit a large format tweeter, so I had to go with something that could play higher, thus my Peerless 7s.

I do however, LOVE their RS subwoofers, there is a reason why I went from an HO12 to an XXX15, and now back to 2 HO10s :)

Babs
11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I think the rs-180 / seas neo combo has been done quite a bit with fairly good results. I think they say 2k-2.5k is ok for cuttoff on the neo tweets (to a point) so you should be able to cross the daytons low enough not avoid the jaggedness in the far upper end of it's range.

I'll be interested in what you think of those daytons.

... I'm still torn between one of the Seas RNX's or Peerless Exc. 7 or Dayton or possibly even the Mach 5 MLI-65 or Hi-Vi D6.8 for a dynaudio copy. :)

X Ray
11-20-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm gonna order four SEAS "neo" aluminum tweets tomorrow. I just need something decent sounding to run on the stock Jag head unit until I decide what to do.

I have decided to yank the factory deck though, which I was ADAMANT about NOT doing just a month ago. I've decided that I don't give a fu(k about how the dash looks, or weather or not the cars interior looks stock. I absolutely have to have a good stereo in my car.

I'm thinking a Clarion DRZ9255 with some SEAS or ScanSpeak mids and tweets (possibly three way), and a JBL GTiMkII 12.

Babs
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Ok... Good luck.

I can say if it were me and it were a jaguar....

I'd reeeeeally consider either a 3sixty.2 or pxe-h650 attached to OEM if it couldn't be swapped to aftermarket very easily. Worst case scenario, you'd still have your dash relatively unscathed on first trial with an OEM integration unit, rather than not trying at all.

The Seas / Scan-Speak combo sounds pretty nice.. I assume you mean revelators.. NICE driver.

I'm undecided still among one of the RNX Seas 7" mids.. possibly L18 (aluminum) or ER18 (reed paper) Or just be silly budget and go RS180 4ohm and probably be happy. I imagine any and either would be a step up from my previous build with Kappa comps.