PDA

View Full Version : After 814 hours...

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 04:55 PM
The lamp in my Sammy DLP went. :(

Happened Wednesday. Called up Samsung, they said they'd have an authorized repair center come out to my house. They'd set up an appointment within 7 days. I was a little upset about the 7 days nonsense, but whatever.

So the place calls me yesterday, sets up an appt. for today.

Guy comes today. Takes a look, says the lamp is done. Replaces the whole shebang- new DLP chip, engine, lamp. Whole new assembly. Also shows me how to change the bulb for the future, and shows me how to get into the TV's main settings.

****** having to use my 27" tube for 2 days...now it's all good :)

1loudsuv
03-09-2007, 05:05 PM
wow i hope mine lasts allot longer then that... I bought mine back in october and use it about 10 hours a day everyday except weekends which get less use

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
The lamp in my Sammy DLP went. :(

Happened Wednesday. Called up Samsung, they said they'd have an authorized repair center come out to my house. They'd set up an appointment within 7 days. I was a little upset about the 7 days nonsense, but whatever.

So the place calls me yesterday, sets up an appt. for today.

Guy comes today. Takes a look, says the lamp is done. Replaces the whole shebang- new DLP chip, engine, lamp. Whole new assembly. Also shows me how to change the bulb for the future, and shows me how to get into the TV's main settings.

****** having to use my 27" tube for 2 days...now it's all good :)

sounds just like a line we throw to our customers (work for Philips)

had a guy on the phone the other day, his lamp went bad, he was furious and it was out of warr, and i kept telling him he has to pay for it and he was maddddddddddddd lol

joetama
03-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Man... That is bad and good all at the same time.

DO you have a power filter/conditioner on it? Because either it was a defective lamp or power spikes can take those suckers right out.

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:14 PM
No...all I have is a surge/UPS on it.

joetama
03-10-2007, 12:19 PM
You might consider looking into one, even if it is just a cheap monster one because it can seriously help with any issues with power you might have. You might never even have a problem but I think it is much better to be safe than buying a new TV... :fyi:

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the UPS has some sort of power filtering..I'll check it out.

joetama
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
It might actually....

In all honestly it was probably just a defective lamp...