PDA

View Full Version : How To Hook Up My Speakers To My Amp?

bones justice
03-09-2007, 03:07 PM
yo, um i have a Power Acoustik 800 watt Gothic 4 channel amp for my mids and hi's. um i currently have a pair of Eminence 8" Alpha Midrange speakers(8 ohms), two bullet tweeters(4 ohms) and a pair of hollywood sound labs 6.5 components(2 midwoofers, two tweeters, 2 crossovers, 4 ohms).

I was thinking to hook up the components to channel 1 at 2 ohms.
Also hook up the bullet tweeters to channel 2 at 2 ohms.
For the Eminence 8's, bridge chanel 3 & 4 to a 4 ohm load to play the pair of 8's

Is what i am thinking of doing good?
someone plz verify this.

DaveDSMer
03-09-2007, 03:54 PM
is that amp tri-mode capable? may want to think about trying that out. Although, with the ohm differences on your speakers that may not be an option as the 8's would get kinda screwed on that deal with the 8 ohms..

Well.. hmm.. if you hooked up both sets of components to one channel its going to screw the imaging in my opinion. You usally want to seperate right and left. same goes with the tweets. The 8's bridged would be fine.

I still like the tri- mode idea.. i need to look into that as far as how it will work with the ohms there.

dleccord
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
do you have any crossovers?

bones justice
03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
ok kool, i understand. however my first thought was to bridge channels 3 & 4 to the Eminence 8's and hook up one the pai of components to channels 1 & 2, one side to a channel.