PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood DDX8019 - not in Canada yet...

SRT-10
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen one / touched one / heard one - looking at this as a source unit (primarily for what I think is the BEST iPod interface made to date) for a higher-end install on my '05 SRT-10 - they aren't even due out up here until the end of March...

TIA,

S.

azula
03-10-2007, 10:44 PM
try the dnx-7100....same head unit, just has integrated navigation as well. good luck.

BMW Sidewayz
03-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I've noticed that Kenwood is using one 6.95 screen chassis for all their Double Din units, they're even cutting back on the DSP and Circle souround chips in their circuitry and They wont be offering a 5volt pre-out on any on their models :blowup: :eek: . I smell something here. Well hey, it all comes down to make money and most of the time its by Cutting back on some things. Im tired of compies doing this. The least they can do for Audio files like me and others is offer it or make a "special Edition" Im pretty sure people like me and others wont mind paying the extra $$ for the bells & whistles. 1 chassys 4 versions. Just diferent GUIs. Kenwood is makin $$$ for 2007.

ddx-6019
ddx-7019
ddx-8019 <---- It does have 5v pre-out
dnx-7100

My friend just got the Eclipse Double din, 6600 and it has NO bells and whistles only a DSP,but its a pretty boring unit and dry ad an old bone (me being used to the Avic-n2, pretty fun unit) I've listened to Eclipse units and they have great sound. Even they went from 8v pre-out to 5v pre-out. Just what I was talking about, cutbacks.

SRT-10
03-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Maybe I am missing what it is you are saying, bro - but according to the specs I have read, the 8019 does have 5.0V pre-outs - one of the reasons I am going to go with it - I think it is the only D-DIN model that does in the new line-up...

BMW Sidewayz
03-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Maybe I am missing what it is you are saying, bro - but according to the specs I have read, the 8019 does have 5.0V pre-outs - one of the reasons I am going to go with it - I think it is the only D-DIN model that does in the new line-up...

My mistake and you're right, but that still leaves out the DSP and circle sorround. Im wondering why they decided to take that away.

SRT-10
03-11-2007, 01:55 PM
My mistake and you're right, but that still leaves out the DSP and circle sorround. Im wondering why they decided to take that away.

Cool bro, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong - one of the selling features my dealer is pushing on this unit is the fact that it does have 5.0v pre-outs...

You mentioned Eclipse and Pio's Avic in your previous post - in your experiences, do you find they are "better sounding" HU than the top-end Kenwood stuff?

BMW Sidewayz
03-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry, but I cant give you my opinion regarding the Kenwood units, I haven't had one yet, but Im seriously lookin at the DDX8017, eventho I like the 8019 6.95 screen. but it has no DSPs and SRS sorround. Any sound enhancement is a + 4 me.
I have many friends that own stereo shops here in North NJ, we once switched a pioneer HU for an Eclipse HU and the difference was like night and day. It was a curiosity by us both, the one thing PIoneer has a good parametric eq, with ease of use Its has a GUI freq. curve. ( I like good ol' Band E.Q.s like Eclipse has in some of their units.)