PDA

View Full Version : Rap/Reggae/HipHop on a Orion 8004

Omarvelous
03-08-2007, 04:00 PM
What u got for me?

The sub will be a 15" MX.

Put it this way...... stock OEM Bose speakers sound OK for me at low volumes.... :blackeye: so in other words.... it won't take much to WOW me.

BUT i'm looking for a WOW, that can take the 8004, 100x4@4ohm, and comin in at 350$ most.

I only really listen to Rap, Reggae, and Hip hop, so what u got for me!

adio
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
everybodies gonna recommend u the crystals sscs6 or some rainbow comps. be prepared, cause these are ur best bet

Omarvelous
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
everybodies gonna recommend u the crystals sscs6 or some rainbow comps. be prepared, cause these are ur best bet

Which Rainbow line?

Any other recommendations other then these brands?

aleborjas
03-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Boston acoustic at least SL series, Infinity Kappa, MB quart i like those i think i'm not wrong

jiggy2dmax
03-09-2007, 01:41 AM
What part of Queens are you in? BTW I do recommend the Crystals but that may be too much power. For $350, The Boston's Z6 or QSD's might be well worth a look.

Omarvelous
03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
What part of Queens are you in? BTW I do recommend the Crystals but that may be too much power. For $350, The Boston's Z6 or QSD's might be well worth a look.

gotta fix that, not in qu now, but i'm from jamaica, qu. in Silver Spring, md now.

What about them pioneer's? reading they don't like rap though.

IgnoreMe
03-10-2007, 07:22 AM
i hope my reggae you mean real reggae and not sean paul or dance hall...but real actual roots reggae...

anyways, i have never noticed speakers taking a liking to certain music types...pick a set you like and get them with silk tweets if you like a little smoother sound and titanium or the equivilent if you like a little sharper tweets. just my opinion.

Theride
03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
If he is talking about roots reggae....the SLC does a nice job. Dancehall does sound good too.

60ndown
03-10-2007, 11:54 AM
you need a sub, no way round it, after that any good seaker with correct tuneing will work. sub @ 80 speakers @ 100

Omarvelous
03-10-2007, 01:23 PM
i hope my reggae you mean real reggae and not sean paul or dance hall...but real actual roots reggae...

anyways, i have never noticed speakers taking a liking to certain music types...pick a set you like and get them with silk tweets if you like a little smoother sound and titanium or the equivilent if you like a little sharper tweets. just my opinion.

All types of reggae, roots, dancehall, n conscious. Its all reggae to me. i'm jamaican man.

you need a sub, no way round it, after that any good seaker with correct tuneing will work. sub @ 80 speakers @ 100

As mentioned in first post, i'm getting a MX 15", so the low lows are covered, wanna get erething inbetween though.

think i'mma f wid the slc's

are the Power line CS 275.27 for instance "better"? can't find prices on em.

IgnoreMe
03-10-2007, 03:13 PM
All types of reggae, roots, dancehall, n conscious. Its all reggae to me. i'm jamaican man.

sorry i just have a real big problem with people that call things like elephant man, and sean paul reggae. thats all. to me there is no purer reggae sound than things like isreal vibration, older bob marley ( craven choke puppy, mr brown, bus dem shut, catch a fire, 400 years...that type of sound), steel pulse, the gladiators, the abyssians etc etc

sorry i just have a huge problem with almost all music now days........and im white...

if you like dancehall more power to you. peace

oh yea and like i said earlier, AFAIK speakers are music biased...pick a set that is known to sound good, high pass it right and youll be fine.

edit: also i dont know if you were thinking of this aswell but would you be intrested in possibly bridgin the orion or do you want to run the 4 channels instead?

Omarvelous
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
sorry i just have a real big problem with people that call things like elephant man, and sean paul reggae. thats all. to me there is no purer reggae sound than things like isreal vibration, older bob marley ( craven choke puppy, mr brown, bus dem shut, catch a fire, 400 years...that type of sound), steel pulse, the gladiators, the abyssians etc etc

sorry i just have a huge problem with almost all music now days........and im white...

if you like dancehall more power to you. peace

oh yea and like i said earlier, AFAIK speakers are music biased...pick a set that is known to sound good, high pass it right and youll be fine.

edit: also i dont know if you were thinking of this aswell but would you be intrested in possibly bridgin the orion or do you want to run the 4 channels instead?

I c where u coming from. thought umight have been a rasta cause ur ava. But its all reggae to me, appreciate the diversity, even though most types of music nowadays lost meaning.

might not b getting the 8004 after all. Maybe try get a 4004. Was thinkin runnin it 4ch due to maybe not finding speakers in my range that could hndle the pwr.

IgnoreMe
03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I c where u coming from. thought umight have been a rasta cause ur ava. But its all reggae to me, appreciate the diversity, even though most types of music nowadays lost meaning. no not a rasta but i did share many of their point of views at one time. i was a christian by family (you know, your family is a religion so basically your views are automatically set) but after finding myself i started to drift off into other ways of viewing our exsistence. but now i have lost all faith seeing life, violence, murder, racism, and every other negative thing out there. i do catch my self talking to "Jah" if you will, when times get tough though. butttttt enough of that topic...

might not b getting the 8004 after all. Maybe try get a 4004. Was thinkin runnin it 4ch due to maybe not finding speakers in my range that could hndle the pwr.

i was running a 4004 and i would most definatly like to say stay away from them. mine gave up a few days before warranty (was a 1 year warranty). im sorry but if an amplifier cant keep working for AT LEAST a year, then its a crappy product. period. the 8002 that my friend has works great, but then again he hasnt ran it for a year or more yet...
anyways i would stay away form the new orion stuff, since mine was still the older style and it took a dump real quick. just my opinion.