PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!! A retired Installer ( for the time being )

verick
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Well since this is my first post, I would like to say hello and thank you to everyone at the Car Audio forum for having me. I have been an installer for a shop since 1993, but retired from installing day in and day out back in 2002. A car stereo job was the only job I ever had, I was 16 in 1993. So by the time 2002 rolled around I was pretty burned out with it all, but I still install from time to time for close friends and family members. Well enough of my happy/sad story, lets get on with these questions with the install. So now my father-in-law and his brother want me to install a Viper 791xv remote start alarm in their trucks.

Q1: For the first install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is other devices I need to buy to get this alarm working right? I have no problem spending money on the right devices for this truck. I would like to purchase online if possible. Oh by the way, I have never installed on a diesel before, at least a remote start.

Q2: I need a wiring diagram for a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel 4-door? Maybe someone could post the link or just the wiring diagram. I have one for this truck, but I do not know if it is right or not.

Q3: For the second install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is any other devices I need to buy, to get this alarm working right? I rather buy the right stuff, than worry about the install later. Also, where can I purchase these devices online?

Q4: I know, I need the wiring diagram for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door alarm install? Maybe someone could just post the link or the wiring diagram.

I'm really sorry if this post has been answered before, but I could'nt find if the trucks needed other devices to get the alarm working right, or the wiring diagram to the Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door.

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help with this matter. Verick

maldecido33
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Q1 & 3: You'll need a bypass for the remote start, and maybe a couple diodes/resistors for the door locks, but I'm not extremely familiar with that truck.

Q2 & 4: Check your PMs

verick
03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Maldecido33, thank you for your reply and the awesome PM. So you think, I will need a key bypass for both trucks. Do you or anyone else happen to know the part numbers on those bypasses, also where I can purchase those key bypasses online? Since both trucks are diesel, would'nt they need a wait to start bypass or something like that? I guess, I could use a diesel pro right about now :laugh:, but Maldecido33 you have helped me considerably. Hopefully someone else will answer questions 1 and 3 as well as you answered 2 and 4. Thank you again Maldecido33 for all of your help.

mokedaddy
03-09-2007, 10:27 PM
The 791 has a wait to start input built in on the remote start. Your wiring diagram and install manual of the 791 will explain how to hook this up. As far as the by-pass you can check ebay for the part numbers and prices. Diesels are just like gas engines with the exception of one wire.

azbass
03-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Well since this is my first post, I would like to say hello and thank you to everyone at the Car Audio forum for having me. I have been an installer for a shop since 1993, but retired from installing day in and day out back in 2002. A car stereo job was the only job I ever had, I was 16 in 1993. So by the time 2002 rolled around I was pretty burned out with it all, but I still install from time to time for close friends and family members. Well enough of my happy/sad story, lets get on with these questions with the install. So now my father-in-law and his brother want me to install a Viper 791xv remote start alarm in their trucks.

Q1: For the first install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is other devices I need to buy to get this alarm working right? I have no problem spending money on the right devices for this truck. I would like to purchase online if possible. Oh by the way, I have never installed on a diesel before, at least a remote start.

Q2: I need a wiring diagram for a 2007 Ford F-350 King Ranch diesel 4-door? Maybe someone could post the link or just the wiring diagram. I have one for this truck, but I do not know if it is right or not.

Q3: For the second install with a Viper 791xv, I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door. I need to know if there is any other devices I need to buy, to get this alarm working right? I rather buy the right stuff, than worry about the install later. Also, where can I purchase these devices online?

Q4: I know, I need the wiring diagram for the 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door alarm install? Maybe someone could just post the link or the wiring diagram.

I'm really sorry if this post has been answered before, but I could'nt find if the trucks needed other devices to get the alarm working right, or the wiring diagram to the Dodge Ram 2500 diesel 4-door.

Thank you so much in advance for all of your help with this matter. Verick

1: if the truck has stock Keyless: the door locks wires are a Negitive trigger
if the truck does Not have stock keyless, you have 5 wire to do in the driver kick door harness
should not be anything special for the remote start. (directechs shows nothing required)

2: Lock is negative trigger thru an 820 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 330 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

The second starter wire is negative trigger thru an 180 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.

Immobilizer Bypass needed
Part#: 556UW

i can link you teh directech page for the wire guide. if needed.

verick
03-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Mokedaddy, thank you so much for the 791 info on wait to start. I guess I should know that, since I have installed 4 or 5 of them. I guess since the vehicle was'nt diesel, I never paid to much attention to that step. So thank you again for all the help and info. Azbass thank you too for all the important info with the Dodge. So the 556uw immobilizer bypass I will need for the Dodge also. Azbass I would greatly appreciate the directech wire guide for both trucks, you can PM them to me if you like, when you get a chance. The directech wire guide is what I used at my shop before I left and 9 times out of 10 it was correct. So that would be great and Thank you again for all the help. Man, you guys are the best Verick