PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Eminence guys...?

OoMesKoO
03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey all. I had this speaker given to me, was told it was an eminence. I have no idea of what the model number is. Can anyone tell me the model number or what its worth? Maybe throw it up on ebay or something.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/8f/04/5944_0.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/8f/04/601a_1.JPG

http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/8f/04/5c87_1.JPG

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
eminence alpha 6a.

looks like someone took the sticker off the back of the mangnent.

worth about 35ish new.

hook it up, its loud

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Buy 46 more and arrange them in various spots throughout the interior/exterior of your car.

smd4life
03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Buy 46 more and arrange them in various spots throughout the interior/exterior of your car.

all with a mathcing horn....and no crossover off the headunit

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
why the hell do you keep hating on my hu crossover? the 880 has a bad *** 3 way crossover, and ive messed with it and they cross over my speakers and tweeters very nice. and the 16 band EQ works nice too. thats why i bought HU.

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
why the hell do you keep hating on my hu crossover? the 880 has a bad *** 3 way crossover, and ive messed with it and they cross over my speakers and tweeters very nice. and the 16 band EQ works nice too. thats why i bought HU.

well when pioneer designed it, they thought sane people who'd run maybe 6-8 speakers at most would use it

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 04:43 PM
i always thought eminence speakers were loud but had no SQ... and no sq to me means they lick balls. . . correct me anyone?

Only 2 people will try to correct you.

jdawg
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
all with a mathcing horn....and no crossover off the headunit

Then play bass I love you through the horns and make a vid about it

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Then play bass I love you through the horns and make a vid about it

what the hell did you just say?

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
well when pioneer designed it, they thought sane people who'd run maybe 6-8 speakers at most would use it

whats the difference if i run 2 speakers, or 8000 speakers, as long as theyre crossed over at the same point, the HU will work. asshat.

and im not gonna even bother to correct the other poster, becuase i dare you to search every one of my posts and find one time when i said they were SQ speakers.

never said it.

i said that I like the sound. thats not the same as "theyre SQ speakers"

****er

jdawg
pimpedout97 or whatever set horns in his hatch and played a loud bass song

pimpedout97x
what the hell did you just say?

he said i made a vid of bass i love you.

playing it on my horns.

reading > you?

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
If you like the sound, then you like the quality of the sound.

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
whats the difference if i run 2 speakers, or 8000 speakers, as long as theyre crossed over at the same point, the HU will work. asshat.

and im not gonna even bother to correct the other poster, becuase i dare you to search every one of my posts and find one time when i said they were SQ speakers.

never said it.

i said that I like the sound. thats not the same as "theyre SQ speakers"

****er

dude your running horns, tweeters, 6.5's, 10's, subs, and you wanna xover that with a 3-way?

blackbonnie
03-09-2007, 04:54 PM

allen iverson would cross over your speakers better then your 880

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:54 PM
3 way crossover.

1: tweets and horns. whats wrong with that, if the horns are gonna be playing the same frequencies as the tweets?

2: mids. ill set the mids from like 100hz-4khz. ill fine tune with the amps for the 6.5s and the amp for the 10s.

3: subs.

answer your question?

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:55 PM

oh rly?

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM
If you like the sound, then you like the quality of the sound.

ok, i like em. doesnt mean theyre SQ speakers. you may like SQ bass, when others prefer spl loud bass. doesnt mean spl subs are SQ subs. u make no sense and ur just trying to fit in with the crowd and stir up more ****.

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 04:56 PM

i lol'd

3 way crossover.

1: tweets and horns. whats wrong with that, if the horns are gonna be playing the same frequencies as the tweets?

2: mids. ill set the mids from like 100hz-4khz. ill fine tune with the amps for the 6.5s and the amp for the 10s.

answer your question?

good luck playing them 10's at 4 khz.

why on earth would you xover your subs at 100 hz, especially when you got 10's?

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM
ok, i like em. doesnt mean theyre SQ speakers. you may like SQ bass, when others prefer spl loud bass. doesnt mean spl subs are SQ subs. u make no sense and ur just trying to fit in with the crowd and stir up more ****.

well you are clearly in your own crowd with these speakers :)

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM

No, I'm saying that if you like the sound of them, then you like the sound quality of them.

So, if you like the sound quality of them, you'd consider them good sound quality speakers, since you like the sound of them.

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
im not gonna crossover the subs at 100.

i dont notice the gap, im not gonna have midbass, and i dont care, who gives a ****.

and i said im gonna fine tune the crossover to the 10s with the amp thats pwoering them. they wont play up to 4k

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
well you are clearly in your own crowd with these speakers :)

me with everyone else that likes them, and theres quite a few over on kingofthestreet.com and ROE.

a few here too.

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
No, I'm saying that if you like the sound of them, then you like the sound quality of them.

So, if you like the sound quality of them, you'd consider them good sound quality speakers, since you like the sound of them.

stfu man stop talkin ****

Randy Savage
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM
stfu man stop talkin ****
OMG NOES!!!

I'm sorry I made you look like a condescending tart.

iceteebone
03-09-2007, 05:01 PM
me with everyone else that likes them, and theres quite a few over on kingofthestreet.com and ROE.

a few here too.

lollerballs i remember that forum. trying to be a hood rat eh? :laugh:

your car is gonna sound like sblazer's *** after a mexican fiesta

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:03 PM
OMG NOES!!!

I'm sorry I made you look like a condescending tart.

yup

Chevyaudio
03-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Bright would be an understatement

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
theyre loud and harsh, but with EQing you can get rid of alot of the harsh, and still keep the loud, but people still dont like them

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
huh?

j3bus2k3
03-09-2007, 06:27 PM
3 way crossover.

answer your question?

Thats like buying 2 different subs and running them on the same frequencies, they're both going to counteract each other and just sound like ***...

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 07:23 PM
horns will be out back, tweets will be up front. wont be played at the same time :fyi:

i wish you guys would think before critsizing.

Schuey2002
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
i dont notice the gap, im not gonna have midbass, and i dont care, who gives a ****.
This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone say that they aren't going to have midbass in their system...

T3mpest
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
eminence drivers wont' have good midbass, too effiecient and improperly installed, they are high effeciency midranges, they wont' get low enough with authority. Personally, I'd rather be stupid loud truly fullrange, sound good on real music, and image well, with 1 setup. Anyone like the way a stock system sounds in cheap cars? Imagine that 100x louder, that's an eminence setup.

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
half of you people have never heard eminence in cars like ive heard them. but its ok you still know all

Chevyaudio
03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
They are loud. Thats about it. But the thing we don't like about them is...you can get as loud as eminence and still keep a half way decent soundstage, and not get ridiculously harsh like the eminence do.

But to each their own. Im not gonna tell you what to do in your own car. Its your vehicle do what you want :)

JimJ
03-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Something like that.

:)

Chevyaudio
03-09-2007, 11:59 PM
SQL prolly tho.

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
don't AA poly mids run $35? why didn't you buy 40 of those with some cheap dayton tweets?

JimJ
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
u kno wut dawg

prally iono

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:07 AM
i find it amazing how you guys keep saying that you can get as loud as my eminence. i know you can get loud and SOUND BETTER

but theres no way you can get as loud as what mine will be like....no fu cking way...i dont see why you keep saying it...............

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
i find it amazing how you guys keep saying that you can get as loud as my eminence. i know you can get loud and SOUND BETTER

but theres no way you can get as loud as what mine will be like....no fu cking way...i dont see why you keep saying it...............

just throwing speakers in a car doesn't make it loud. cancellation will own your ***.

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 12:11 AM
So sick of seeing hundreds of these same threads. Same people sayin the same ****. If you think you might like them, go buy a pair and see for yourself. Don't listin to these people on this forum.

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
So sick of seeing hundreds of these same threads. Same people sayin the same ****. If you think you might like them, go buy a pair and see for yourself. Don't listin to these people on this forum.

so that would include you too? :laugh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
just throwing speakers in a car doesn't make it loud. cancellation will own your ***.

still gonna be loud as ****.

and dont come back and say its gonna sound like **** cuase the above sentence didnt say "its gonna have good SQ"

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:27 AM

and dont come back and say its gonna sound like **** cuase the above sentence didnt say "its gonna have good SQ"

it's gonna sound like **** :fyi:

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 01:05 AM

loud as ****, but not a hell of alot louder than a properly done car could be, with ALOT less equipment that sounds better to boot. Why go for just being loud and sounding ****** (even you've said it sounds "good enough for me", but never it sounded "great") when you can have a system that will get 90% of the volume, with tonal accuracy, across ALL frequencies?

People using single 12's can put out 150s whereas multiple sub setups can hit 140's, it's all in the install. Your speakers aren't going to be in optimal enclosure, nor will they be crossed over properly. You're comromising your overall install and hoping sheer brute force will give you the volume you want. It probably will, but it's sure as heck not the best way to go about it.

Schuey2002
03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
loud as ****, but not a hell of alot louder than a properly done car could be, with ALOT less equipment that sounds better to boot. Why go for just being loud and sounding ****** (even you've said it sounds "good enough for me", but never it sounded "great") when you can have a system that will get 90% of the volume, with tonal accuracy, across ALL frequencies?

People using single 12's can put out 150s whereas multiple sub setups can hit 140's, it's all in the install. Your speakers aren't going to be in optimal enclosure, nor will they be crossed over properly. You're comromising your overall install and hoping sheer brute force will give you the volume you want. It probably will, but it's sure as heck not the best way to go about it.
Maybe he wants other people outside of his ride to enjoy the same loud ****** sound as he is?

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Why are you running tweets and horns?

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Why are you running tweets and horns?

he's only using his horns for shows apparently. His tweets are supposed to be horn loaded anyway, 105db effecient my ***! Like I said, combine their true effeciency with their off axis response and the LOADS of cancellation he's getting at those higher frequencies, I really doubt he'd average that much higher than my car from 2k-20k. Maybe lower than that, my phl's are no slouches either.

Schuey2002
03-10-2007, 01:30 AM
horns will be out back, tweets will be up front. wont be played at the same time :fyi:
And why are they in back? For when you have the tailgate open?

*Post above answered this one..

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Either my internets not working or mr eminence has me ignored, I see your quote, but not post it came from....:rolleyes:

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 01:36 AM
he's only using his horns for shows apparently. His tweets are supposed to be horn loaded anyway, 105db effecient my ***! Like I said, combine their true effeciency with their off axis response and the LOADS of cancellation he's getting at those higher frequencies, I really doubt he'd average that much higher than my car from 2k-20k. Maybe lower than that, my phl's are no slouches either.

That does not seem like the brightest of idea's. Why go through all the trouble of building horn enclosures and mounting them if you're not concerned with SQ in the first place. Especially when you already have horns.

By that rational, he might as well just purchase a mass of 30 dollar subs. I mean, eventually with enough of them and enough power it will be decently loud.

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 01:39 AM
You know, i could hire a fleet of children to mow my lawn. But that doesn't mean that i should. One will do the job quite fine.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 01:56 AM
That does not seem like the brightest of idea's. Why go through all the trouble of building horn enclosures and mounting them if you're not concerned with SQ in the first place. Especially when you already have horns.

By that rational, he might as well just purchase a mass of 30 dollar subs. I mean, eventually with enough of them and enough power it will be decently loud.

isn't that basically what he's doing, buying loads of cheap equipment and then using it improperly? Who said anything about ANYTHING that he's doing is the "brightest of ideas"?

Schuey2002
03-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Either my internets not working or mr eminence has me ignored, I see your quote, but not post it came from....:rolleyes:
Post # 37

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 02:16 AM

As said a million times... You will not get louder with less equipment. No components will match the output of these drivers. Period. Many shows car down south are loaded to the brim with Eminence. They sound great to me and everyone at the show. I've had nothing but good comments to those have sat in my truck, including many pro installers. Some drivers will sound better, true. None will get louder (for the price). And like I've said, I've never met a person at a show that says they sound like crap.

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 02:20 AM
As said a million times... You will not get louder with less equipment. No components will match the output of these drivers. Period. Many shows car down south are loaded to the brim with Eminence. They sound great to me and everyone at the show. I've had nothing but good comments to those have sat in my truck, including many pro installers. Some drivers will sound better, true. None will get louder (for the price). And like I've said, I've never met a person at a show that says they sound like crap.

I'm assuming that the people who associate with you are just as stupid themselves. And now-a-days everyones a 'pro' installer.

pwnt by pat
03-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Of course nobody is going to object when you've only been exposed to the same crap...

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:21 AM

Who said ANYTHING about components. I'm talking 112db effeicent horns with 100 effecient midranges (8's) and midbasses with 500 watts a peice on them, 3-way ACTIVE fronstage, lotsa power. That's quite bit different. MUCH better drivers than eminence, properly installed, all on axis, little to no cancellation. Comparing that to cheap drivers many of which are off axis, in improper airspaces, etc, and yeah, I can get darn near or as loud with less. I'd put 100 bucks a system as described above would be within 3db's of yours 2k-20k. Not all high effeciency drivers sound like crap, eminence does though...........

Honestly, most people think AB's in ported boxes with stock speakers sounds "awesome". Try playing something other than rap or poorly recorded music. I doubt you've got a stage out on the hood with width to your pillars, I'd bet you have no sounstage at all. Frankly, you can't avoid cancellation with that many drivers, so I wont' even discuss tonality.

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 02:21 AM
isn't that basically what he's doing, buying loads of cheap equipment and then using it improperly? Who said anything about ANYTHING that he's doing is the "brightest of ideas"?

i was agreeing with you, just :fyi: there. before you go on to much of a tangent.

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Who said ANYTHING about components. I'm talking 112db effeicent horns with 100 effecient midranges (8's) and midbasses with 500 watts a peice on them, 3-way ACTIVE fronstage, lotsa power. That's quite bit different. MUCH better drivers than eminence, properly installed, all on axis, little to no cancellation. Comparing that to cheap drivers many of which are off axis, in improper airspaces, etc, and yeah, I can get darn near or as loud with less.

But aren't horns designed for pro audio use? I thought we were anti pro audio here!?!? And I also said for the money, you will never get louder. You will still need a ton of 500 watt midbasses to keep up with all his Eminence's, that would cost quit a bit of money.

dleccord
03-10-2007, 02:25 AM
This is the first time that I have ever heard anyone say that they aren't going to have midbass in their system...

you obviously dont know what midbass is then.

pwnt by pat
03-10-2007, 02:28 AM
There are car-audio oriented horns.

Image Dynamics
Crossfire (?)

others are esacping me at the moment. All designed for mobile use

Eugenics
03-10-2007, 02:30 AM
But aren't horns designed for pro audio use? I thought we were anti pro audio here!?!? And I also said for the money, you will never get louder. You will still need a ton of 500 watt midbasses to keep up with all his Eminence's, that would cost quit a bit of money.

"You will not get louder with less equipment" was actually what you said. a MIGHTY bold statement for someone who knows as little as you do.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:35 AM

not really, improper enclosure will KILL midbass output. Off axis response on midbass shoudl be identical until about 60 degrees, so that may or may not make a difference, odds are when your cramming drivers in there, it will. The midbasses I'm referring to have 12mm of linear excursion, a bit more for xmech. 2x the displacement of eminences mibasses. Properly deadened enclosure...... Heck, using your rules I could use several pairs and still be fine....

The cancellation of the upper frequency drivers, combined with not using a horn to control the dispersion pattern of a driver designed for one (your drivers have crappy off-axis response :fyi:) and winning the 3k and up game becomes a joke. Terrible off axis response and massive cancellation turns this into a case where less is definetly more.

I'm not against pro audio drivers. I'm against buying lots of bargain bin pro audio drivers, cramming them in your car any which way crossing them over at any point that you can without hurting them and assuming that's going to make it louder than anything, becuase it won't.

This spring I'll bother to install, when I'm rta'ing I'll take a spl measurment.

Final point being, if you can get 90% of the volume with 1/3 the drivers and have it sound 100x better, why not? Oh wait, hood ninjas....

Schuey2002
03-10-2007, 02:37 AM
you obviously dont know what midbass is then.
No, I don't. Teach me wise one! :rolleyes:

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:41 AM
No, I don't. Teach me wise one! :rolleyes:

I think he's referring to the fact that most cars have crappy midbass.

dleccord
03-10-2007, 02:42 AM
i dont see a problem with gaps. im sure a lot of guys out there run gaps.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:46 AM

depends on your slope. Most of the time you try to run your sub crossed low with a steep slope and your midbasses low with a shallow slope, usually some form of a gap. I really don't think that's the case in his intall though, his midbasses are too effecient for ANY real output below 80hz, even in a car.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 03:02 AM
i was agreeing with you, just :fyi: there. before you go on to much of a tangent.

Ehh, I assumed, I just coudn't quite pull it all into context to be sure. I did give you the benefit of the doubt though.:D

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
His tweets are supposed to be horn loaded anyway, 105db effecient my ***! Like I said, combine their true effeciency with their off axis response and the LOADS of cancellation he's getting at those higher frequencies, I really doubt he'd average that much higher than my car from 2k-20k. Maybe lower than that, my phl's are no slouches either.

come to tampa, we will see if your tweets are louder ;)

cant you be louder to the ear hitting 140, yet someone can hit 150 and it wont sound as loud to the ear? same concept with mids and highs i would think.

I'm not against pro audio drivers. I'm against buying lots of bargain bin pro audio drivers, cramming them in your car any which way crossing them over at any point that you can without hurting them and assuming that's going to make it louder than anything, becuase it won't.

does it really bother you that much? if it does, get off the internet or put me on ignore.

its the internet.

Who said ANYTHING about components. I'm talking 112db effeicent horns with 100 effecient midranges (8's) and midbasses with 500 watts a peice on them, 3-way ACTIVE fronstage, lotsa power. That's quite bit different. MUCH better drivers than eminence, properly installed, all on axis, little to no cancellation. Comparing that to cheap drivers many of which are off axis, in improper airspaces, etc, and yeah, I can get darn near or as loud with less. I'd put 100 bucks a system as described above would be within 3db's of yours 2k-20k. Not all high effeciency drivers sound like crap, eminence does though...........

Honestly, most people think AB's in ported boxes with stock speakers sounds "awesome". Try playing something other than rap or poorly recorded music. I doubt you've got a stage out on the hood with width to your pillars, I'd bet you have no sounstage at all. Frankly, you can't avoid cancellation with that many drivers, so I wont' even discuss tonality.

ID horns cost more than all my tweets. :fyi:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM
lol i dont think the OP has even seen this thread since he made it lol.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 01:55 PM

cant you be louder to the ear hitting 140, yet someone can hit 150 and it wont sound as loud to the ear? same concept with mids and highs i would think.

does it really bother you that much? if it does, get off the internet or put me on ignore.

its the internet.

ID horns cost more than all my tweets. :fyi:

As Eugenics pointed out the challenge was louder with less, not pricing. I'm quite aware you spent like $15 dollars a tweet. All I'm saying is buying ****** equipment and then installing and tuning it improperly isn't the best way to build a system, nor should it be encouraged.

All the loud to the ear thing is, is a lack of low end. Really loud low bass puts lots of pressure on the ears and body, shakes clothing, etc, so it seems louder. I can't see that happening with treble, it doesn't move any air.

PS. Actually just realized yours might sound louder to the ear than a good SQ setup. Alot of times when things don't distort our sound like crap, people think it's not loud. The fact that the eminence will distort near top volume and sound very harsh might make it appear louder full range, even if it isnt'.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
my tweeters do not distort....theyre harsh, but they dont distort.

j3bus2k3
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM

I dont mean to sound condescending or a **** at all, but have you guys done ANY more to your truck from where your thread left off months ago? I havnt heard a peep about your wall build, nor any worklogs about your doors...

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:03 PM
depends on how loud you run them and with what crossover points. As I remember your selections were a bit limited? I was referrring more towards your midranges anyway, unless they are crossed over fairly high, they won't like low bass.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:03 PM
lol actually we havent, both our schedules **** so its hard to get 1 day a week to work on the wall....

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:04 PM
depends on how loud you run them and with what crossover points. As I remember your selections were a bit limited? I was referrring more towards your midranges anyway, unless they are crossed over fairly high, they won't like low bass.

my mids will be at 100-150ish hz to 3.15k or 4k, and the tweets will be from 4k+

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
my mids will be at 100-150ish hz to 3.15k or 4k, and the tweets will be from 4k+

i still don't know why you want to run 10's in that range

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:07 PM
why not?!??!??!?!

specs from my 6.5s: Frequency range: 85-6,000 Hz
specs from my 10s: Frequency range: 57-4,500 Hz

theyre not 10" subs, theyre PA speakers like the 6.5s

Flipx99
03-10-2007, 02:08 PM

I run gaps to attenuate. Intra-car reflections increases volume of some midrange frequencies. You can use the gap as an "eq" if your will.

Flipx99
03-10-2007, 02:09 PM
why not?!??!??!?!

specs from my 6.5s: Frequency range: 85-6,000 Hz
specs from my 10s: Frequency range: 57-4,500 Hz

theyre not 10" subs, theyre PA speakers like the 6.5s

You are understanding that frequency response is not flat for the entire frequency range?

Just because it says 86 - 6000 doesn't mean it plays that whol range flat.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:13 PM
You are understanding that frequency response is not flat for the entire frequency range?

Just because it says 86 - 6000 doesn't mean it plays that whol range flat.

Just as important, it won't play without beaming like a mother****er.... Go tens with no output!

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:18 PM
ok so whats a better frequency to cross em at

they sounded find crossed that way IMO

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:22 PM
ok so whats a better frequency to cross em at

they sounded find crossed that way IMO

Your not too picky, but I'm guessing when you testing them they were pointed directly at you? Anyway, your tweets supposed to be horn loaded, so I have no idea how low it'll actually play, even your graphs had a body on it when it as testing. For the sheer volume your looking for, crossing the tweets high and letting the midrange suffer isn't a terrible idea, the mids going too high won't break them, but tweets will fry playing low. Picking proper x-over points in your case is too much of a hassle to worry about, just pick things to keep your stuff safe. None of your stuff is going to like to play low

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
i know.

my tweets blow easy crossed low, i like how the sound crossed @ 4k anways.

and when i tested them, i had the tweets on the door panels (firing at each other, sorta like where the door handles are) and the 6.5's i had in my kick panels, which were built when i planned on running 2 component sets lol.

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I wake up and this thread is still going! We argue about this every other day. It's a never ending with the same few people. I'm just gonna start copy and pasting from all the other threads.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
lol

MisterE
03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
we call them "emeneesees" because a guy we used to work with called them that (dawg)

they are ugly as hell, and loud as hell

no where near SQ, black dudes with huge rims use them to be as loud as they can outside of their car... around here at least.

they are PA/guitar amp speakers arent they? a couple guys i work with use them

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 04:04 PM
no where near SQ, black dudes with huge rims use them to be as loud as they can outside of their car... around here at least.

same here. ur in florida im guessing

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 04:19 PM
black dudes with huge rims use them to be as loud as they can outside of their car... around here at least.

Hahaha... and white guys with Explorers....

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
none of the black dudes here use them

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
none of the black dudes here use them

Thats right. And I'm sure you guys talk different from Southern and West Coast people too. Just because people do different things and have different audio interests, doesen't make them wrong.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Hahaha... and white guys with Explorers....

that would be us. lmao.

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 04:55 PM
that would be us. lmao.

You'd be a wigger.

nG

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
You'd be a ******.

Platestacker45
03-10-2007, 04:59 PM
You'd be a wigger.

nG

Ohhh ****!!! :eek: You wont hit him... you wont hit him!!!! :eek:

Pyro_By_Nature
03-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Everyone just stfu.I've reached a conclusion, if THEY like their speakers, who the **** are you to tell them they shouldn't? It's all personal preference.If they like them, that's great.They found a speaker that's, definently affordable, loud, and sounds good enough for them.They have their system, you have yours.You won't be listening to their system on a daily basis, and they won't be listening to yours daily.

So, everyone calm the **** down and pull the sticks out of your asses.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 05:07 PM
ya nG, pull the stick out of your ***!

azbass
03-10-2007, 05:10 PM
my tweeters do not distort....theyre harsh, but they dont distort.

you probably dont even know what real distortion is. :rolleyes:

ngsm13
03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
you probably dont even know what real distortion is. :rolleyes:

No ****.

Like I said, he thinks it sounds good... b/c he doesn't know what "good" sounds like.

:fyi:

nG

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Right.

Flipx99
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
No ****.

Like I said, he thinks it sounds good... b/c he doesn't know what "good" sounds like.

:fyi:

nG

Neither do I....I am still waiting to hear a system that will make me feel sonic bliss....

I do have an idea isn't correlated to how much money you have spent.

OoMesKoO
03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Holy ****... sorry guys. Diddnt want anyone to argue. No more questions about eminence. I sold the speaker for 40 bucks. lol. But since its 8 pages long.... i mind as well add. To be honest, ive never really ran anything like the eminences in a car before. I did put EV's in, for about 3 weeks. It was just ridiculous. 2 15"s were just too loud. Sold those for a set of OZ audio Comps, and 2 12" Type Rs and im happy. Wouldnt mind hearing the Eminence truck with like... 42356 speakers though. Seems like it would get pretty loud.

pimpedout97x
03-12-2007, 11:31 AM
what are EV's, ive never seen em...

we currently have like 8 eminence threads all 10+ pages long going on right now lol

Pl8er
03-12-2007, 12:07 PM
ROFL...yelling at each other for the sake of yelling at each other. The guy asked a simple set of questions, are these speakers good, how much are they worth, what model is it?

That was it. Not what is "good" to you, how much distortion does speaker X put out. ROFL.

Everyone put the E-***** away. Believe me, in each of your own worlds, yours is by far the largest. Take a breath, look in the mirror, thats right, you're the man. Un-stoppable, un-breakable, all knowing.

Now can we end thread? GEESH :P

OoMesKoO
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
EV's were the original loudspeaker for use in cars. Dollar for Dollar, those are the LOUDEST most harsh speakers in the world. Undoubtably. Eminence, i gaurentee couldnt touch these bad boys. I put 2 15"s in my truck at first, then added 2 more... It was so loud, you couldnt even sit NEAR the vehicle, let alone in it. I wish i had some pics to show ya. But that system diddnt last very long. lol.

what are EV's, ive never seen em...

we currently have like 8 eminence threads all 10+ pages long going on right now lol

pimpedout97x
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
find a link i wanna see the speakers :) lol

ngsm13
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
See, the problem is you're just an ignorant kid.

You're not the "King of Eminence"... you don't even know much about them. Much less ay other WELL KNOWN PA speaker such as EV.

Wow, you've never heard of EV?

nG

neonrt
03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
i love eminence threads.

JimJ
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1403/picture006bh9.jpg

Those tweed and wooden cubes are Electro Voice Regency's...got congested bad for really dynamic orchestral stuff, divine with acoustic stuff :) Loud all the way around.

pimpedout97x
03-13-2007, 12:51 AM
ive heard of EV, just never looked at them or heard them....ive heard the name though.

sorry i dont have every speaker memorized down the what frequencies they play like you, nG. i guess im in timeout now?

Platestacker45
03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Ohh no, you done stired them up again... :rolleyes:

pimpedout97x
03-13-2007, 12:58 AM
ng actually pulled this thread up again....like always

Platestacker45
03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
ng actually pulled this thread up again....like always

Well, I'm about to go beat some guts. It's your turn to defend the fort tonight.