PDA

View Full Version : What Type Of Speakers Are Best?

bones justice
03-08-2007, 09:26 AM
yo i have a pair of hollywood sound labs 6.5" components(2 midwoofers, 2 tweeters, 2 crossovers). I have a pair of 6x9's in the back dash. i wanna replace the 6x9's. Can anyone advise me what type of speakers to replace them with? like should i use coaxials, component speaker systems(2 midwoofers,2 tweeters, 2 crossovers) or separate midrange drivers and tweeters, like eminence or beyma

help me, thanx!

jmanpc
03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I say for a quick and easy solution that sounds good, get the Pioneer Rev 6x9's/

ENDER_XVICM
03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
You could take them out completely and use the holes to port the subs to the back. Other option. replace with higher quality 6x9s. Last option would be replace them with some good 6.5s. No tweeters, just a midrange woofer.

bones justice
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanx for the help. but can i use a pair of 8" midrange woofer instead of the 6.5" midwoofer?
coz i am getting a deal on some Eminence 8's.

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
i use all eminence midrange and i like it, ppl on here will hate on em, but it seems alot of ppl on florida and la, etc like them :)

bones justice
03-10-2007, 01:54 PM
yo thanx dude, i lhave a partner who have a pir of Eminence Alphas. the 6.5 speaker. it plays good enough from what ive heard, but i like sound quality instead of loud and raunchy. um the eminence have the loudness but lack alittle on the SQ aspect. um ive heard some beyma 8's and they sound better than the Eminence and is comparable in loudness. can anyone advise me which mid range speaker is best for SQ?

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
ive heard the beyma's are better too...never acutlaly heard em tho.

b&c prally sounds better to, but its more money.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Just get a set of normal speaker instead of PA gear. Something that effecient in back and you won't hear your fronts, just loud aggravating treble from behind you.

PS. My horns are B&C, but I'm still not condoning it in your situation.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:42 PM
the loud and aggravating treble that you hate, i like. we have different tastes.

Towncar
03-10-2007, 02:51 PM
yo thanx dude, i lhave a partner who have a pir of Eminence Alphas. the 6.5 speaker. it plays good enough from what ive heard, but i like sound quality instead of loud and raunchy. um the eminence have the loudness but lack alittle on the SQ aspect. um ive heard some beyma 8's and they sound better than the Eminence and is comparable in loudness. can anyone advise me which mid range speaker is best for SQ?

Read the stickys, their is no best. Dayton makes a good budet midrange. Scans, peerless, ect.. if you like some higher end