PDA

View Full Version : New Comps

ChedNompton
03-08-2007, 02:50 AM
To start off, I've been reading through the forums some and have found a few component sets that look to fit the bill. I'm looking for pretty descent mid-bass, smooth midrange, yet semi-loud, and smooth highs, yet crisp, but I do not like harsh tweeters. So far what I have found are: Premier TS-C720PRS : Rainbow SLC : and the Crystal SSC6 (forgot model name). I have a JBL px300.4 (rated at 123.5 x 4 at 4 ohms and 358 x 2 at 4 ohms bridged) to power the set with. My budget is 250 for the set, was wondering what you guys would suggest me getting. Any thoughts or opinions are much appreciated, thanks.

Decipha
03-08-2007, 03:10 AM
go to your local audio shop and give them a listen with your own ears, not everyone tends to like the same sound.. what sounds good to you may sound like a$s to another... its just personal preference really, i stand behind my bostons... haven't had a set that i wasn't pleased with yet.

zSnb
03-08-2007, 10:44 AM
boston pro60's are pretty nice. i would still go with the 720prs. there is alot of hype surrounding them lately because they sound incredible. before i actually heard them i didnt even want to like them. when some guy at a local meet demo'd them for me in his car is was shocked. the midbass is really powerful and the highs are smooth. They get really loud without any harshness at all.

ChedNompton
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I would demo the speakers, but the shops around here only sell Memphis, JL, Diamond, and JBL speakers (they sell Alpine and Pioneer as well, but only headunits).