PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about JL Audio XR653's

mtm87tx
03-07-2007, 11:32 PM
first post, im looking to put a good set of speakers in my 02 Corvette Z06

i would like to do something with good mid bass and i want to spend around ~350.00 on the front speakers

i will be running the front stage on a JL audio 300/4 amp and will have a 10w6V2 in the trunk powered by a 500/1 amp all controlled by a Alpine 9853

any other speakers considerably better then the JL's for close to the same money?

i listen to alot of Country, rock and rap. i want good clean sharp mid bass with a clean sound overall

should i leave out rear filler speakers? i have a set of XR525 components i could put in since they are just sitting around

any opinions on my setup?

zSnb
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
im having a hard time thinking of a better 3way for the price. i have the XR 2way and its fkn awesome. you can probably get better performance from some DIY but then you need to find some crossovers for them. if i were you i would ditch the 3way idea and get some Pioneer 720prs. that way youll have ****** sound with $$$ left over for a nicer h/u:)

mtm87tx
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM
im having a hard time thinking of a better 3way for the price. i have the XR 2way and its fkn awesome. you can probably get better performance from some DIY but then you need to find some crossovers for them. if i were you i would ditch the 3way idea and get some Pioneer 720prs. that way youll have ****** sound with $$$ left over for a nicer h/u:)

i would rather get the 3 ways and get a better HU by selling my Xr525's i think

is the 9853 that bad of a head unit?

zSnb
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
A better head unit will have a broader impact on your sound then a set of 3ways instead of 2ways. If i were you i would go for an 880prs, and then some diy components. You wont need to worry about buying crossovers since the 880prs can rum them active. Check out the Peerless Exclusive 830883 7" with a pair of Seas Neo tweeters. That steup would sound awesome for a good price. Go for it dude.

mtm87tx
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
what about buying a woofer up front to go with my Xr525 components?

does JL make a woofer and would this setup be just as good as the XR653's?

i am planning on buying a 880PRS as well, just need to sell my Alpine first

BroncoHound
03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
If you use an ipod interface at all, i would not suggest a Pioneer H/U. The Pioneer iPod interface is FAR inferior to the Alpine setup. How do i know? I have a Pioneer H/U in my work truck, and an Alpine in my play truck. The Alpine (CDA-9856) beats the Pioneer (DEH-P77DH) up and down the block in every single category, ESPECIALLY when it comes to controlling the iPod. Just something to think about.