PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with 2007 model DEH-P4900ib, 5900ib, etc.....HELP!!!!

DDFrontier
03-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Can someone with one of these head units please look at the wiring harness and tell me specifically which hole the orange/white illumination wire is in?

I accidentally pulled it out when I was stripping the wire and I do not know what hole it came out of.

Also, I have always tied this wire into the corresponding orange illumination wire on the vehicle side of the harness. The most this has ever done is dim the display slightly when I turn the headlights on.

I noticed now there is another "neg. dimmer" wire in the Pioneer harness. Do I run that to the dimmer switch?

KaeZoo
03-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Also, I have always tied this wire into the corresponding orange illumination wire on the vehicle side of the harness. The most this has ever done is dim the display slightly when I turn the headlights on.

That's all it's ever supposed to do.

DDFrontier
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
I thought it would dim the display when I dim the dash lights. It does not.

Apparently, this new "neg. dimmer" wire connects to the dash light dimmer to do this. I just have to figure out what wire to connect it to.

Does anyone know which spot in the harness the orange/white illumination wire goes into?

KaeZoo
03-08-2007, 09:33 AM
There is no "negative dimmer" wire on the Pioneer head unit. The only illumination wire is orange/white, and when it senses voltage it dims the display a preset level. The only way to manually adjust the display is the "Brightness" setting in the Initial Settings menu (not all models are equipped with this).

DDFrontier
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
There is no "negative dimmer" wire on the Pioneer head unit. The only illumination wire is orange/white, and when it senses voltage it dims the display a preset level. The only way to manually adjust the display is the "Brightness" setting in the Initial Settings menu (not all models are equipped with this).

Ummm, yes, there is a "negative dimmer" wire on my head unit's harness. There is also an orange/white wire labeled "illumination."

That is why I'm confused. I've never seen two wires for illumination/dimming before.

KaeZoo
03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
What color is the wire you think is "negative dimmer", and is it coming directly from the Pioneer harness?

The diagram in the owner's manual for the DEH-P5900ib shows no such wire.