PDA

View Full Version : Go with Eminence Mids Or Components? HELP!!

bones justice
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
yo i am trying to better my mids and hi's. i have a power acoustik gothic 800 watt 4 channel amp.I have channels 1 & 2 powering a pair of Hollywood Sound Lab components(6.5"). i am replacing my 6x9's in the bach dash. but need help. plz advise me. i was wondering whether to go with another pair of components, either 4 or 2 ohm, each could be wired to a channel, or run 2 8" Eminence mids by bridging the amp. the eminence are 8 ohms, bridge to get a 4ohm load.also if i go with the eminence i wod run a pair of tweeters,but power them through the deck. PLZ HELP ME!! oh one thing, since i have a pair of components in the front doors, can i just run the Eminence 8's in the back and bridge the amp to power them, or will i need tweeters for the 8's?

THANX TO ALL WHO HELPED.

squeak9798
03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
What do you wish to accomplish with these speakers?

The front speakers should be your primary focus. If you are a "rear fill" kind of person, and wish to retain rear fill, then I would suggest sticking with a quality co-axial speaker.

So, I wouldn't recommend going with either of the options you presented. Rather look into a good quality co-axial driver.

But your Eminence idea isn't a good option at all, so I would completely erase that from the list.

I would also suggest that if you are wanting better overall sound, to look into upgrading your front speakers rather than the rear speakers.

pimpedout97x
03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
youd prally like the eminence.

try em, if u dont, theyre cheap enuf to sell and loose a few bucks.

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 03:04 AM
can we ban the word eminence on this forum? Despite the fact that almost everyone knows it's a dumb idea, the noobs are hearing the word and think it's a boner...

squeak9798
03-10-2007, 11:03 AM
youd prally like the eminence.

try em, if u dont, theyre cheap enuf to sell and loose a few bucks.

If you enjoy your idiotic system, then that's fine.

But don't start using it or your ******* system design ideas as a basis to make horrible recommendations such as this.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:11 AM
ill say what i want ***** its a public forum. no rule that says i cant reccomend something.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:11 AM
can we ban the word eminence on this forum?

sure.

request to a mod that they add it to the sensor so when you type it, it displays like this: ****ence

:rolleyes:

95volvosx
03-10-2007, 11:17 AM
lol eminence is always hated on so much here

95volvosx
03-10-2007, 11:19 AM
they're really not that bad, just not good SQ.

squeak9798
03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
ill say what i want ***** its a public forum. no rule that says i cant reccomend something.

You're right.

But we can sure laugh at your idiotic recommendations, ridicule you for them and advise people not to listen to your ******* :laugh:

"*****"

:hilariou:

Such a tough guy!

Wkbdkid
03-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Good stuff :popcorn:

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 11:34 AM
You're right.

But we can sure laugh at your idiotic recommendations, ridicule you for them and advise people not to listen to your ******* :laugh:

"*****"

Such a tough guy!

Careful Squeek, the wigga will send the posse on you

http://www.setec.org/~bluerose/wigga.jpg

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
they're really not that bad, just not good SQ.

ya, they dont get that though. they seem to keep thinking that im saying they have the best SQ.....lol

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Careful Squeek, the wigga will send the posse on you

http://www.setec.org/~bluerose/wigga.jpg

oh **** ***** dats me on da left! you like my blang blang?!?!???!

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:38 AM
You're right.

"*****"

Such a tough guy!

you're right as well, and im not the feg with TWENTY FOUR THOUSAND POSTS.

get a life, how long a day do you sit on this site just posting **** to get 24k posts....thats alot of posts.... :laugh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
ME: Total Posts: 3,095 (8.76 posts per day)

YOU: Total Posts: 24,019 (24.25 posts per day)

3 times more posts per day than me. loser?

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
oh **** ***** dats me on da left! you like my blang blang?!?!???!

^^what a wig^^ :laugh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
was being sarcastic...lol

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:43 AM
was being sarcastic...lol

So was I, duesche bag. :uhoh: Tough guy, huh? :laugh:

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:44 AM
BTW, do you have any pics of this? 16 eminence. Are you from Cleveland by any chance.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:46 AM
i live in tampa......

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, but pics would be nice.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:48 AM
14 turbo start batteries?

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:49 AM
why you questioning what im getting? look what amps i have.

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 11:50 AM
ME: Total Posts: 3,095 (8.76 posts per day)

YOU: Total Posts: 24,019 (24.25 posts per day)

3 times more posts per day than me. loser?

I'd say a loser is a person that thinks they're of color, when they are white.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:50 AM
you wanted a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/pimpedout92x/DSCF0647.jpg

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd say a loser is a person that thinks they're of color, when they are white.

so just cuase i have eminence makes me black?

i get in trouble a while back for saying something racist, but no one else does. gotta love it.

but ya, if you say so, im black.

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
so just cuase i have eminence makes me black?

i get in trouble a while back for saying something racist, but no one else does. gotta love it.

but ya, if you say so, im black.

No, I say so because you think you're hood...

Platestacker has Eminence, but he doesn't act ghetto like yourself.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I didn't question it, I just don't see it all fitting in a ***** *** little eddie bauer ford.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:54 AM

He is hood. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM

how do i act ghetto?

I didn't question it, I just don't see it all fitting in a ***** *** little eddie bauer ford.

i took out the back seats.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 11:59 AM
how do i act ghetto?

That's only because he is looking at your sig and your post quality and he doesn't see the sarcastic appeal. He is 54, mind you. That is going by his profile. :rolleyes:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
wow a 54 year old *** with 24k posts. real tight.

req
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM

get a life, how long a day do you sit on this site just posting **** to get 24k posts....thats alot of posts.... :laugh:

hey noobcakes.

the reason we (as in people of knowledge) post on this forum, is because we know idiots like you in person, and they do not listen to what others who are more knowledgeable have to say.

so dont go recommending full range drivers with a grain of salt.

they work good to pair with a guitar amp. or maybe as mids for a concert for 50,000. but absolutly not in car enviornment. there are just so many reasons why full range drivers do not suit car enviornemnt - i dont even want to get started.

in the end, it comes down to the owner, but i would never be caught dead with anything like that in my car. :laugh:

LOL and squeak aint 54 years old.... hah!

Prowler573
03-10-2007, 12:10 PM

You're right. But only because your post count isn't that high.
YOU'RE the feg with 3.1K+ posts.
You have a tendency to rack up a high post fairly quickly when you're part of the moderation team.
Secondly you have a tendency to do the same thing when you're constantly on responding to people's questions with answers that might accomplish them something rather than push what you like 24/7/365 whether or not that suggestion fits into their overall system design or not...(what I'm getting at here is just because the use of all those Eminence drivers works well for your needs doesn't necessarily equate to it working out well for everyone)

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:11 PM
They're saying I'm 54 years old.

Oh...and pimpedout...you hang out on EastCoastRyders forum...

Ryders...can't even spell the **** right.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
hey noobcakes.

the reason we (as in people of knowledge) post on this forum, is because we know idiots like you in person, and they do not listen to what others who are more knowledgeable have to say.

so dont go recommending full range drivers with a grain of salt.

they work good to pair with a guitar amp. or maybe as mids for a concert for 50,000. but absolutly not in car enviornment. there are just so many reasons why full range drivers do not suit car enviornemnt - i dont even want to get started.

in the end, it comes down to the owner, but i would never be caught dead with anything like that in my car. :laugh:

LOL and squeak aint 54 years old.... hah!

You're right it does come down to the owner of the vehicle. Therefore, you should shut your ****ing face and keep your smugness to yourself. If this guy wants to use eminence in his vehicle, they're more than sufficent speakers. Guitar or not, they get loud as hell and keep up with SPL subs in a way your stand components can not and will not. They are not sound quality speakers, but neither is his system. Now, I don't see the need for 16 of them in his car, but that is his decision. So to each it's own.

One thing I love to do with people like you in real life is tell them why they'll be in debt their whole life, probably have to get a fulltime job after retirement, and never see more than $500 in their bank account at a time. :cool: So you keep being the audio king.

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
One thing I love to do with people like you in real life is tell them why they'll be in debt their whole life, probably have to get a fulltime job after retirement, and never see more than $500 in their bank account at a time. :cool: So you keep being the audio king.

Yes!!!!

Life lessons from a 19 year old.

Classic.

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes!!!!

Life lessons from a 19 year old.

Classic.

Age has nothing to do with it, educate yourself about something else other than car audio. Most of you drones are 1 track minded doofisis.

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Age has nothing to do with it, educate yourself about something else other than car audio. Most of you drones are 1 track minded doofisis.

It's a car audio forum, you *******.

If we wanted to talk about something other then car audio, we'd find somewhere to talk about it.

It's like going to a Ford forum and telling everyone all they talk about is Fords...what the **** do you expect?

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
(what I'm getting at here is just because the use of all those Eminence drivers works well for your needs doesn't necessarily equate to it working out well for everyone)

exactly. its not for everyone.

its not for you.

so get the **** outta this thread if you dont wanna see my posts!

****!

You're right it does come down to the owner of the vehicle. Therefore, you should shut your ****ing face and keep your smugness to yourself. If this guy wants to use eminence in his vehicle, they're more than sufficent speakers. Guitar or not, they get loud as hell and keep up with SPL subs in a way your stand components can not and will not. They are not sound quality speakers, but neither is his system. Now, I don't see the need for 16 of them in his car, but that is his decision. So to each it's own.

thanks.

They're saying I'm 54 years old.

Oh...and pimpedout...you hang out on EastCoastRyders forum...

Ryders...can't even spell the **** right.

once again, its the internet. get over it.

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:21 PM
i'm from the hood yo. me and jimmy rabbit and chedda bob just got back from the rap battle yo. that was off the hizzy. the free world pulled up in da burban and was blasting 46 eminence speakers yo. then makei phifer came up and was like yo **** the free world. then me and dat leader got into it and we battled right there yo. then the 313rd got into my 78 ford ltd and started blasting up 8 mile with a paintball gun yo

werd to yo mamma yo

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Most of you drones are 1 track minded doofisis.

x2.

every night, him, nG, iceteebone, and all the other 20k+ posters have a huge circle jerk with each other to each others posts:laugh:

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 12:22 PM
It's a car audio forum, you *******.

If we wanted to talk about something other then car audio, we'd find somewhere to talk about it.

It's like going to a Ford forum and telling everyone all they talk about is Fords...what the **** do you expect?

Yeah, I'm just saying you all have to pretend like you're so great at car audio or something like it's the only thing you all have in your misserable lives. It's quite pathetic. That's why I quit most of the other forums about 3 years ago.

the727kid
03-10-2007, 12:23 PM

x2, sup Bryan?

Prowler573
03-10-2007, 12:23 PM
exactly. its not for everyone.

its not for you.

so get the **** outta this thread if you dont wanna see my posts!

Does typing with that monstrous font size make your e-***** hard or something?
I never said I didn't want to see your posts. I would like to see you quit shoving your ideas down the throats of the unsuspecting but I would wager that's not likely to happen either...

Yeah, I'm just saying you all have to pretend like you're so great at car audio or something like it's the only thing you all have in your misserable lives. It's quite pathetic. That's why I quit most of the other forums about 3 years ago.
And yet we are graced with your presense here telling us how we should live our lives?
Quit being a hypocrite and get over yourself.

Chevyaudio
03-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Ive got rims on my truck...can I be "hood" too?

If so what is this process to become initiated?

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM

I haven't been into car audio in the past year+ :fyi:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
i'm from the hood yo. me and jimmy rabbit and chedda bob just got back from the rap battle yo. that was off the hizzy. the free world pulled up in da burban and was blasting 46 eminence speakers yo. then makei phifer came up and was like yo **** the free world. then me and dat leader got into it and we battled right there yo. then the 313rd got into my 78 ford ltd and started blasting up 8 mile with a paintball gun yo

werd to yo mamma yo

47 ;)

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
once again, its the internet. get over it.

I'm not the clown that starts threads, gets made fun of, then tries to tell everyone you only say what you say to gauge other people's reactions.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't been into car audio in the past year+ :fyi:

then leave this forum?

Randy Savage
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
then leave this forum?

Why leave a forum that I help run?

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
then leave this forum?

he's been here 4 years. :fyi:

i waited till i was here 2 years before i started telling the veteran members to leave

LeeAudio
03-10-2007, 12:32 PM

i waited till i was here 2 years before i started telling the veteran members to leave

A memorable moment in your CA.C/F career? LoL.

Prowler573

So does that mean in May I can begin my campaign to get you to leave? :laugh:
Not that you'd do it, I'm well aware, but if two years is the cutoff I was just wondering...

req

:oh noes:

for your pleasure, my "components" are **** sure louder than a pair of eminence 8's. ill leave it at that.

and it is our right to reply to his post when he asks US what he should do. so before you go telling me off for giving him my oppinion, re-assess the situation and realize that you are just being a whiny baby girl. :laugh:

so yes, you are right. it was his decision to come here and ask us. :uhoh:

and what the hell does this have to do with retiring and jobs? lawl. im quite comfertable where i am thank you :p:

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
So does that mean in May I can begin my campaign to get you to leave? :laugh:
Not that you'd do it, I'm well aware, but if two years is the cutoff I was just wondering...

eh, you've been here long enough, since the noobs have started their campaign you can join into. you should read some of the pm's i get, of people telling me i'm a jackass. all of them are from 06ers :laugh:

Chevyaudio
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
WHOO HOOO...Well, I was officially here for 2 years on the 8th of this month

TEEBONE LEAVE

I wub joo

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:36 PM
gonna have to try harder. when i move back to detroit i'll most likely be done with ca.com since i won't be sitting in an office all day :laugh:

Chevyaudio
03-10-2007, 12:37 PM
ZOMG....oh noes :uhoh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Does typing with that monstrous font size make your e-***** hard or something?

yes, just like nG's is when he types in his little format with the bold, large font, and numerious :fyi: 's

I never said I didn't want to see your posts. I would like to see you quit shoving your ideas down the throats of the unsuspecting but I would wager that's not likely to happen either...

i dont shove them down theyre throat. if someone asks/makes a thread about it, obviously theyre prally young, and into just loud mids and highs, and have the same ear for music as i, and everyone else that runs eminence/pro audio drivers. so if theyre already asking about it, obvioulsy theyre interested, i give them my opinion. again, no one goes up to tommy mckinny at shows and tells him "hes ghetto, your black, your dumb for having 20+ mids and tweets in your truck"

but im sure if he was on this forum and his name wasent tommy mckinny, you would do the same thing. so i guess i just lose the battle and end it here.

/thread.

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:41 PM
yes, just like nG's is when he types in his little format with the bold, large font, and numerious :fyi: 's

i dont shove them down theyre throat. if someone asks/makes a thread about it, obviously theyre prally young, and into just loud mids and highs, and have the same ear for music as i, and everyone else that runs eminence/pro audio drivers. so if theyre already asking about it, obvioulsy theyre interested, i give them my opinion. again, no one goes up to tommy mckinny at shows and tells him "hes ghetto, your black, your dumb for having 20+ mids and tweets in your truck"

but im sure if he was on this forum and his name wasent tommy mckinny, you would do the same thing. so i guess i just lose the battle and end it here.

/thread.

when is this tommy charecter gonna be in detroit? i'd love to hear this crap waggon :)

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:44 PM
for your pleasure, my "components" are **** sure louder than a pair of eminence 8's. ill leave it at that.

what components do you have? im sure no ONE component set will get louder than a pair of eminence 6.5's and a pair of eminence tweets properly crossed over. theyll sound better, i agree with you on that. but not louder.

now dont come back and say "well compared to a set of ID horns"

cuase then i get to throw in some pro audio horns on top of my eminence mids.

ill still be louder IMO.

youll sound better, ill be louder.

and it is our right to reply to his post when he asks US what he should do.

this isnt even my thread...i never asked you guys if i should run them or not, i just got them cuase i wanted to.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:46 PM
when is this tommy charecter gonna be in detroit? i'd love to hear this crap waggon :)

character?

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
character?

considering i don't have a system i would hope so

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 12:48 PM
character?

sorry i thought since you were ghetto you'd like the misspelling

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 12:48 PM
considering i don't have a system i would hope so

that reply has nothing to do with my quoted post. :laugh:

iceteebone
03-10-2007, 01:01 PM
that reply has nothing to do with my quoted post. :laugh:

cause you edited your post

T3mpest
03-10-2007, 02:30 PM
what components do you have? im sure no ONE component set will get louder than a pair of eminence 6.5's and a pair of eminence tweets properly crossed over. theyll sound better, i agree with you on that. but not louder.

now dont come back and say "well compared to a set of ID horns"

cuase then i get to throw in some pro audio horns on top of my eminence mids.

ill still be louder IMO.

youll sound better, ill be louder.

this isnt even my thread...i never asked you guys if i should run them or not, i just got them cuase i wanted to.

yoy still don't get the fact that cacellation pwns you.... NG's right, you think your stuff good becuase you really don't know ANYTHING. I quit. *walks away chuckling.

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 02:36 PM
ok

req
03-10-2007, 03:01 PM
well, i do have a pair of cd2 hlcds and cx62's with ~300w and a nice little active crossover. but good luck getting your "pro audio horns" to fit in your car lol.

im not saying pro audio gear cant be quality equipment, im saying for a car application, its not practical nor is it great SQ equipment because of the enviornment.

dont get your ******* in a bunch because you happen to have the equipment that we are telling this guy not to use, theres just much better stuff to spend your money on than EV speakers for a car application :)

so chill out, relax with your eminence EV stuff, listen to it from 3 blocks away if you want to. i would just never use it :)

as far as my equipment, i bought it to get relativly loud, but specifically to sound good, have a great sound stage, and imaging. thats what I believe a car should sound like.

to each his own. thats just my 2 cents. :laugh:

pimpedout97x
03-10-2007, 03:21 PM
ok and im sure you just kick back and chill listening to 4 15" mts walled off? i dont have a SQ substage. my mini cooper will be alot more SQ oriented, with a 12" xxx, and a decent set of components up front, and thats it. thats my daily driver so itll be what i listen to 70% of the time. not like ima be driving around in my truck everyday, cuase i hate driving it. its got a ton of miles, horrible gas milage, and its easier to drive a go cart sized car around than a truck with 2000+ lbs of audio in it.

squeak9798
03-10-2007, 05:21 PM

OMGZ OH NOES

:rolleyes:

I might have a lot of posts in an internet car audio forum....but your system design is horrible, will sound god aweful, you severely lack knowledge of audio and to top it off you are a complete moron.

I would rather have a lot of posts on an internet forum, than possess your traits related to the hobby ;)