PDA

View Full Version : car lowering help needed

hawaiian5
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
im lowering my car with a full coilover/suspension kit. ( adjustable ) my question is, how do i make sure that all 4 wheels are lowerd the same amount of inches? i have herd that even if u measure, that the height of the wheels still might be off a little, and that the weight distribution might be off to, because of one or more wheels being at different heights. is there a way to make suere that they are at the same heights?......i dont wanna be driving around tinking that everything is good, and find out later on that maybe 1 or 2 wheels was actually lower or higher than the rest. any help will do.....thx and aloha

Blove1991
03-07-2007, 09:33 PM
U gotta pay to play.....I just count the rings on the metal peice of the coil over set it done and look at it about 20 times then adjust.

rvpps2rocks
03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
if its a lil bit off its very hard to tell. Just give it about 3 weeks for them to settle and then make sure u measure the height at the same spot all around. usually the adjustments are in clicks..like it will click each time ur adjust it. so count those. but like i said a lil bit off is not very or even at all noticeable

loud-n-low
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
coil overs made my accord very bouncy...just do some springs

hawaiian5
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
actually, its s full coilover/suspension kit. its from NEX. its there gt version, so it comes with the strut and everything. not just the coilover. i can also adjust the strut to 4 different ride comforts. but im just worried that one corner will be lower than the others.

billabongcr
03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
just cut the springs. youll be ok.

or heat them up and put alot of pressure on them.

just kidding. definately dont do that.

Skip01
03-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Usually they offset them to end up at the same height...like my Tein Springs were like 1.5" drop in front and 1.8" in the back or so...and they both settled in fine.

Your front is usually lower than back given the weight of the engine and what not...just a thought....