PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pro 60 or 2 Z6's

comandokid
03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
To start, yes i have read the entire thread on pro 60's vs the z6's. It did not answer a question i had, i found out that the z6's are a better speaker but need more power? Will they sound equal with 150 to each speaker (including tweeter)? Anyways to the real point, I currently have an 03 extended cab ranger. I am going to upgrade the whole system. I am not a man with alot of money but i want a good sound. I am confused at putting just 2 speakers in or replacing all 4. Should i get just 2 z6's or should i replace all 4, i dont think i can really afford to replace all 4 with z6's. Would replacing all 4 with the pro60's be a better idea? If it helps i am going to put in a Kicker ZX850.4 amp for the speakers in. Like i said before i dont have a ton of cash, all help will be appreciated thank you.

WhoSayWho?
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
No doubt about it --- just go with one set of components. The second set will be, at BEST, a waste of money.

JimJ
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
It's a stupid idea to spend that much money on a nice set of speakers only to ruin your soundstage by installing two sets.

TreyE
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
well i say this thread is done...haha

comandokid
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Alright well 2 it is, so i wont notice a difference by having all 4? IF so then i guess i dont need a huge amp like the one i want but i can just biamp it rite? Its a four channel with 150 each channel.

WhoSayWho?
03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Alright well 2 it is, so i wont notice a difference by having all 4? IF so then i guess i dont need a huge amp like the one i want but i can just biamp it rite? Its a four channel with 150 each channel.

If you notice a difference with 4 it will not be for the better. Not only do you not need 4, you are better off with one set of components.

A lot of people who have ran those components have put a lot of power to them. Do a search here - you will see.

HCCA
03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
DO NOT BI-AMP THE BOSTONS!! You do NOT need to do that. Just feed them with a good 2 channel at something above 100 watts. I was informed by another member of this board that they will tolerate 250 watts, continuous, no sweat. I will be feeding them that much with my new amp. 125 is good but twice that much is better.
The Z6's will handle 400 watts all day long, and sound better than the Pro60's, but not without being fed a good deal of power.