PDA

View Full Version : K+N FIPK air intake

bholtmeier
03-07-2007, 12:07 AM
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-3010-1

Is it worth the 200 dollars? It says 18.29 estimated HP gain..

Alpine CDA-9815
03-07-2007, 12:15 AM
It's a good mod to do. Power gains vary on every vehicle, typical gains are 8-12HP IMO.

lrgnation
03-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Intake, Exhaust, Headers, Tuner.

Do it as a package and you wont regret it.

bholtmeier
03-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Tuner? I actually just got some z28 exaust put on it..it makes it sound alot cooler and is a bit more responsive as well.

bholtmeier
03-07-2007, 12:29 AM
What site do you guys use to buy this stuff off of?

Army-Killa
03-09-2007, 06:06 AM
try chrome intakes on ebay. I picked one up for 60 its thier model but **** an air filter is an air filter.

M@nJo
03-09-2007, 06:42 AM
try chrome intakes on ebay. I picked one up for 60 its thier model but **** an air filter is an air filter.

i rather pay the extra for a guaranteed product backed with a warranty. i had a buddy try those generic intakes on ebay and it was missing a clamp and hose, trying to get those from the seller was a pita.

i would go for it. $200 for an 18hp *assuming its legit* gain is well worth the investment.

i believe www.jcwhitney.com is a good site for parts.

Lunchbocks
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? Even though we're talking about minimal performance gains from vehicles that lack performance to begin with, an air filter is not an air filter. The filtering medium is usually rated on a pair of qualities; airflow/restriction and actual filtering capability. I won't even go into the material of the intake pipe, as different materials have different heat retention properties. More thought is required when considering the decision between a short-ram style or cold-air style of intake. Most of the technicalities are obviously well over your head.

sentra95
03-09-2007, 01:08 PM
i rather pay the extra for a guaranteed product backed with a warranty. i had a buddy try those generic intakes on ebay and it was missing a clamp and hose, trying to get those from the seller was a pita.

i would go for it. $200 for an 18hp *assuming its legit* gain is well worth the investment.

i believe www.jcwhitney.com is a good site for parts.

18hp from an intake on a Camaro 3.4L, I dont think so.
And there isnt much for tunning on the 3.4L.

sentra95
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Just make sure you have a good air filter. K&N makes good air filters. :)

jonnybusa
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Just make sure you have a good air filter. K&N makes good air filters. :)

dude, thats what he'sooking into getting.

Oh, and buying that fipk will not net you 18 hp on your car. A kit like that will not even add 18hp to a 8 cylinder car. It will however work well w/ other mods you are gonna do in the future, so the overall gain will be worth it.

Will you see a performance gain w/ it?? Yes, but very minimal.
Is it worth $200.....prolly not, but its worth getting because you will need that increased airflow coming in when you do more mods.......especially to the intake side of your engine.

sentra95
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
dude, thats what he'sooking into getting.

Oh, and buying that fipk will not net you 18 hp on your car. A kit like that will not even add 18hp to a 8 cylinder car. It will however work well w/ other mods you are gonna do in the future, so the overall gain will be worth it.

Will you see a performance gain w/ it?? Yes, but very minimal.
Is it worth $200.....prolly not, but its worth getting because you will need that increased airflow coming in when you do more mods.......especially to the intake side of your engine.

Dude, I knew what he was sooking into. I just said K&N air filters were good. :laugh:

sundownz
03-13-2007, 12:08 PM
FYI, the link cites 18 HP gain for the 5.7L engine. On the 3.4L it would be some but significantly less.

Not a bad motor, though, my old Firebird with the 3400 V6 is still in service with my cousin at around 160k miles so far :) It's a bit on the slow side, but works well to drive around.

Flipx99
03-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 7.42 HP @ 4671 RPM for me

I never had my engine over 3k :laugh: