PDA

View Full Version : where to buy online and how hard to install

blowthemup
03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Where can you buy viper alarms online and how hard are they to install...double stage shock sensor, glass breaker, trunk pop, flashing lights?

60ndown
03-06-2007, 11:17 PM
if you dont know how hard they are to install, get someone who does, to do it for you.

blackbonnie
03-06-2007, 11:20 PM
if you have somewhat advanced electrical knowledge and can troubleshoot, have patience and can follow directions, you should be alright. but if not i would recommend having someone do it for you. but if you have someone else do it for you you should buy it through them so you dont get charged an arm and leg.

audiobahnuser18
03-06-2007, 11:28 PM
if you know how to do electrical wiring you can do it easy. but if not don't even go near it have someone do it for you you'll c all those wire's you will be like oh Sh*t !!! haha.

blackbonnie
03-06-2007, 11:31 PM
x2 ^^^ youll end up opening it up and you will take one look at it and **** yourself.

blowthemup
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
As long as theres directions then I should be able to do it. I know common stuff but if it dosnt tell u how to identify the wire then I might be in trouble.

twanked~ls
03-07-2007, 07:48 PM
i want to give it a shot to. because i just got off the phone with some alarm installers and they said 299 all teh way to 420 from diffrent installers. i was like whoa, spiinin like whoa.

THUNDERBIRD
03-07-2007, 08:50 PM
x2 ^^^ youll end up opening it up and you will take one look at it and **** yourself.

i still have that happen to me, and i have done probly about 15. but i did 2 with my buddy and now i am good, kuz he explained it to me and tells me all what they do. what kind of car is this gonna go in? i got my 791 from here http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_prodlist.jsp?cid=910&pg=3.

blowthemup
03-07-2007, 09:50 PM
What are some of the wires u have to tap into or some of the more difficult parts of the install? I need some details so I know what im getting into. Probaly the viper791 is what ill get.

hardhitta47
03-08-2007, 03:17 AM
No offense, but if you can't figure out how to disconnect the wire for no seatbelt light (other thread), maybe you should pay someone to do the alarm install. I did.

THUNDERBIRD
03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
What are some of the wires u have to tap into or some of the more difficult parts of the install? I need some details so I know what im getting into. Probaly the viper791 is what ill get.

DONT DO IT! u have to tap into a wire for all of the connections. so you have power, lock,unlock,parking lights, dome light, door pin switch, tach, trunk, brake, starter, ignition, second iginition, accessory, second accessory, hood pin,gotta ground it, defroster, trunk pin switch. probly a few more but i am highly sugggesting you pay someone to do it for you if you asked that question. not flaming you just telling you.

jiggy2dmax
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
What kinda car? If you don't have it installed by an Authorized dealer, you will have no warranty. That alone is worth the extra price from buying it local.

blowthemup
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I agree but I had in my mind tapping into wires is easier than dissconecting a little clip. Ill look into having it installed though cause that sounds like more than I want to do. I just know if I could do it, it would be better cause I hate doing things cheap. Do you think Freemans will do a good job?

iceteebone
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
i bought my viper 791 for $140 bnib and paid an authorized dealer $100 to install it

blowthemup
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Well I know its gonna cost me but do you think they will do a good job and not just through my **** in there and cover it up?

iceteebone
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
go to an authorized directed dealer. generally if the company authorizes them, they must be decent plus you are covered under directed's lifetime warranty

blowthemup
03-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I just called Freemans they said about 400 for a basic 2-way system installed w/out remote start. That seems way high considering the 791 I can get for 180. I asked what if I was to purchase an alarm elsewhere and have you install it, he said about 125. Thinking of getting a viper 350hv and installing it myself. How hard would it be for the 350 and can you add extra sirens and a glass break sensor to this system?

THUNDERBIRD
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
once again what year, make and model is the car?? $300 installed for a 791 is **** good. i have $300 into mine with my battery backup and extra 2 way remote.

blowthemup
03-08-2007, 10:45 PM
99 Chevy Malibu w/power door locks and power trunk. They said 400 not 300 and that was a baisc 2 way no remote start. Not as much as I want to spend. I might just get something like the viper 350hv...has to be much less than there price on basic 2 way installed.

THUNDERBIRD
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
well ur car is fairly easy but you have to used diodes to isolate ur door pins.

konechiwa
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
i have a 350HV, but i got it installed at bestbuy...I'ma get some more sensors for it later off ebay once i get more money, but for now it has a backup battery and extra siren...

all of it was installed (alarm, backup battery, siren) for 350...You could prob. buy a 791 and backup battery off ebay and have them install it for you for the same price. Ebay is the way to go for alarms.

jiggy2dmax
03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
go to an authorized directed dealer. generally if the company authorizes them, they must be decent plus you are covered under directed's lifetime warranty

Unless you have a really cool shop, I doubt your covered under the lifetime warranty.

blowthemup
03-11-2007, 12:07 AM
So the high prices really arnt high its just that your paying for the warranty?

jiggy2dmax
03-11-2007, 01:14 AM
So the high prices really arnt high its just that your paying for the warranty?

I would say warranty and piece of mind. You'll know it will get done right and if anything goes wrong, you just take it back. Im not trying to discourage you but its not a walk in the park and with a bad installation, you might as well not have an alarm. Shop around, ask shops if they'll honor the lifetime warranty if you pay them to install it. When I was looking for an installer, I went around to a quite a few shops, spoke to a few installers and asked one I liked if he would do it as a side job..maybe you can try that.