PDA

View Full Version : Headunit/Amp problem

MTXman
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Whenever my friend puts a CD into his HU, his subwoofer amp just powers off. The amp works fine with the radio, everything's bumpin. As soon as he puts a CD into his headunit, it's a Pioneer I think, not sure the model, the amp shuts down and there is no power to the subs.

I am not sure the problem here, anyone else ever have this problem? I havent checked the wiring in his truck yet, because he just told me about this problem. Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

iceteebone
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
probably has the sub amp hooked to the power antenna lead and not the remote wire so when the cd player turns on, it shuts down the antenna therfore shutting down his amp. i'd check that.

hardhitta47
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
similar problem:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218486

MTXman
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Allright cool, I read the whole thread, I will tell my friend to do that.

So, he must have the blue wire hooked up as opposed to the blue wire with white stripes?

TheBaron929
03-06-2007, 01:48 PM
opposite - the blue w/ white is usually power antenna - just blue is remote wire

he's probably got the sub amp connected to power antenna - just like icetee said - turning on the amplifier only when radio is on and turning it off when he plays CD's - as if it's an antenna

iceteebone
03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
opposite - the blue w/ white is usually power antenna - just blue is remote wire

he's probably got the sub amp connected to power antenna - just like icetee said - turning on the amplifier only when radio is on and turning it off when he plays CD's - as if it's an antenna

x2

blue/white is usually power antenna

KaeZoo
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
x2

blue/white is usually power antenna

/2.

On every after-market head unit I've ever installed that included both a blue and a blue/white wire, the blue/white was the remote turn-on, NOT the power antenna wire. Some head units have only one wire, which may be blue or blue/white and almost always works as a remote output. But if both are present, the power antenna wire is always solid blue and the amp turn-on is always blue/white.

You can verify by looking up any head unit's install manual online.

Prowler573
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
/2.

On every after-market head unit I've ever installed that included both a blue and a blue/white wire, the blue/white was the remote turn-on, NOT the power antenna wire. Some head units have only one wire, which may be blue or blue/white and almost always works as a remote output. But if both are present, the power antenna wire is always solid blue and the amp turn-on is always blue/white.

You can verify by looking up any head unit's install manual online.

Yup.

Here's the page in the manual for my XXV-01D that shows the wiring harness connections.

See the two circled bits.....blue w/ white stripe for amps, plain blue for antenna.
http://i19.tinypic.com/2ue6tdl.jpg

TheBaron929
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
huh - i stand corrected....

maybe i just got it confused - cause i've installed all of my headunits and never had the problem...

interesting...