PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 9855 back from repair....

cjj2d
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
So I had to send my Alpine 9855 in for repair cause the swingface mechanism went out and would not open. I sent it to United Radio Service in East Syracuse NY (an alpine authorized repair place). and I must say I am EXTREMELY happy with the service, turn around time: sent it out last monday got it back today (monday). The packing job the did is the best I have seen in a while, right size box, packing material, a service list as to what they did/found, the unit itself was repacked like it came straight from the factory.... looks brand new, very nicely sealed, my cd that was in it was put in a plastic cd sleeve and then taped to the outside of the unit packaging and a note inside and survey to rate their service etc....

I can't say how impressed I am with the service, speed, etc.... from United Radio Service. They service all types of brands as well so if you are looking for repair I highly recommend them.

also.... it was $95 shipping, tax and all. that is their base price they said the only time it would be more is if they had to replace the circuit board.

Prowler573
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Nice to see a report about some good service for a change. :thumbsup:

quakerroatmeal
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the review. I'll be sure to look into them when I run into any problems, hopefully not!

Radridd
03-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Hope I can find this post if I ever need it. But then I hope I don't need it. Why not repost in the review section?

IMXELITE
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
**** I should have had them fix my kenwood when it broke. Well thats the past the eclipse is in now. R.I.P Kenwood

cjj2d
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
posted in the Review section as well.

Ruthless Pastor
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I will second all that was said about United Radio. Over the years I have had several items fixed by them and the quality of the service is top notch, which is rare indeed in this day and age. Their techs have always explained to me exactly what was wrong, how much it would be to fix and whether it is worth fixing or not. The turn around time is extremely fast, unless they're waiting for a part. The only complaint I have is the hours. How can any service company be open only until 5:00? That being said, we are very lucky to have them here in Syracuse. :veryhapp: