PDA

View Full Version : Unlock/Lock help in 2004 Dodge Stratus

maldecido33
03-05-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm working on a 2004 Dodge Stratus (Sedan); installing a Python 460HP Keyless Entry/Security in it.

It came with a 451M add-on. First off, where are the door wires? Secondly, how do I hook up the wires?

Also, on the starter-kill relay, the relay has 5 wires coming out of it; an orange running back to the brain, a green with goes to the starter-side of the starter wire, a black wire that goes to the motor-side of the starter wire, and two yellow wires, both coming out of slot 86 on the relay. What do I hook these up to? Thanks

maldecido33
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
bump; need help by tonight :(

gl0ck
03-05-2007, 12:32 PM
DODGE, STRATUS SEDAN, 2004, Power Lock

Lock is positive trigger thru a 2.7K ohm resistor. Unlock is positive trigger thru a 620 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is attached to the fuse/relay box at the end of the dash on the driver side. Connector 4 is a 26 pin plug on the bottom edge of the BCM.

Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface

Lock and Unlock are one wire use the blue and green on the 451m and run the purple to a 12v as the locks are positive, for the starter kill i cant really tell you out of memory sorry and good luck!

KaeZoo
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
First of all, determine whether your Stratus is equipped with a factory alarm. To find out, open the door (with the window rolled down), lock the door using the power door lock switch, then close the door. Wait 1 minute then reach in through the window, unlock the door and open it. If the horn starts blasting and the lights start flashing you have a factory alarm. Disarm it by turning the key in the door lock.

If you DO have a factory alarm, locate a light green/orange wire in pin 4, connector 4 at the BCM. Test the wire with a multimeter set for DC volts. If this is the correct wire, the voltage on the wire will change as you turn the key in the door lock. You'll see different voltages depending on which direction you turn the key. The power locks should operate on all doors as you turn the key (turn it twice in the "unlock" direction to unlock all doors).

Wire your 451M as follows: connect the purple wire to 12v+ constant. The white/black and brown/black wires are not used. Solder a 750 ohm resistor in line on the blue/black wire. Solder a 1800 ohm resistor in line on the green/black wire. Connect both the blue/black and green/black wires to the light green/orange wire at the BCM.

You'll need to program your alarm for "double-pulse" unlock if you connect to this wire.

If you DO NOT have a factory alarm, locate the white/dk. green wire at the BCM. Testing with your multimeter will show different voltages as you press the lock/unlock switch on the armrest. Wire your 451M as above, but use a 620 ohm resistor on the blue/black wire and a 2700 ohm resistor on the green/black.

On the starter kill relay, one of the yellow wires connects to a vehicle ignition wire (NOT ACCESSORY--must retain voltage during crank). The other connects to the yellow wire from the alarm brain.

maldecido33
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow, thanks a ton! The Stratus doesn't have a factory alarm. Everything should go smooth; I'll let you know!