PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Left speakers after installing old Pioneer HU

chargers
03-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I just installed a pioneer HU in a friend's car. Everything works, except that the front left and back left speakers sound muddy, while the right speakers sound perfectly fine. Speakers are running off the deck. I checked the wiring for the left speakers and all the wires are matched correctly.

I don't know the model number right now.

Never had this kind of problem. I was thinking that maybe the wiring on the speakers might be off, but it seems like a coincidence that this problem is with the left side only and not the right.

Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

blackbonnie
03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
check all the settings on your deck to make sure you didnt accidently mess something up after installing it.

chargers
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
check all the settings on your deck to make sure you didnt accidently mess something up after installing it.
Wasn't that. The first thing I did when I got the deck working was adjust the balance and fade to each speaker to see if each one sounded right. The entire left side sounded muddy while the right side sounded clean. Went through every setting to see if I could adjust the clarity, but I'll try that again.